Sign in to follow this  
Blue_Joe

Blue Joe's G60 - FIRST DRIVE!!

I thought that to is he just braging about the quality of his leather!!!!!!!?????? :lol: :wink:

It is a VW Fast - Ltd Edition in the US, they made 600 to celebrate the launch of the new GTI!

VW FAST

or

Another one

There are about 6 of the adverts and they gave away 600 of the VW Fasts with the first 600 GTI's sold

Wow so what is it and what does it do - loads of peeps in my office today so can't have volume - looks cool though

It doesn't actually do anything - just a toy so to speak. Wait till you've got sound and watch the adverts, you'll get it then!

Eh I've got a demo car in VW Heritage next door to me in white never really liked the colour before but its growing on me on the mk5 - that reminds me test drive today or tomorrow

Eh I've got a demo car in VW Heritage next door to me in white never really liked the colour before but its growing on me on the mk5 - that reminds me test drive today or tomorrow

:p ok well they are all red round my way :lol:

Yay!!!!

Good news today! Engineer rang me direct to say he had inspected my car today and has authorised all the parts and labour etc for the FULL repair of my car. They are going to issue a payment to me by cheque for teh full amount minus my excess (to be claimed back if proved not my fault!) and will be in tomorrows post!!!!!!!

Can't fault the service I've had on this policy!!! Accident Saturday, reported monday, inspected and cheque authorised by thursday for fridays post. All done in the space of 5 days :shock:

my insurance is take the p*ss abit, its been 3 months now, the car was given back to me with 2k and classed as uneconomical to repair or somwhere along that, but im still waiting for the mony to fix it with.

Will have to give Chris Knott a call.. my renewal is up soon and i'm determined to get insured with someone who can accept modified cars!

Blue_Joe, glad it's getting sorted so simply! I'm sure it will be back looking better than ever before long :)

Jim, I just renewed with Adrian Flux. They actually increased my premium to £490!!! It was £400 last year. However, after a bit of haggling, have got them down to £331. First they offered me £378, but they gave me another £47 off as CCGB discount! They're also not going to up it at all when I get the VR, and they're not gonna charge me the usual £25 admin to swap it over. Very impressed with them.

So I picked up my rear bumper today after having the exhaust sut out repaired after being melted ages ago by the exhaust!

Had 3 other modifications done to it, a couple are fairly common and obvious, can you spot them all????

I'm super happy with the way it turned out and can't wait to see the finished article!

The rest of the car is coming along very well, just waiting on the few last parts to arrive (including sourcing ANOTHER bonnet - Thanks Parcel Force!!!) for final mods and then in for paint. Seeing how it is progressing and knowing all the plans - I can't wait to see the finished article! Will keep you all posted but leave you with these pics to be getting on with!!!

Yours is a pre-facelift G60 so.. had the recess around the top of the bumper smoothed, the tow eye filled, and the lip about 1/2 way down the bumper smoothed as well...

Nice kitchen 8)

Thanks Fella - Built it myself!!! But selling the apartment soon if you want to buy it off me and have a bit of City Living!!

Few more glimpse pics!!!

The work is fantastic quality, all the seams, gutters, holes inc. the indicators have all been done properly by being welded up and then small amounts of filler to smooth including the gutters as you can see!!

Can't wait to see the finished article!!!! Getting excited!!!!!! Won't be long now! Final few mods to complete!