Sign in to follow this  
Blue_Joe

Blue Joe's G60 - FIRST DRIVE!!

Well Jim from Racepower spoke to me today -

A few guys from GOLF+ Magazine came down to do an article and take a few snaps of Racepowers new premises and when they saw my car inside said they just had to have it in the pictures. So they took it outside washed it all and it will be appearing it seems in their magazine.

I'll try to get hold of the snaps!

Just as an update - we're still waiting on the pistons but in the mean time I'm working on a few cosmetic touches to the engine bay that are going to look absolutley MENTAL.......... But it's a secret and I'll show you all when the finished articles arrive!!!

lol - I like the way you find out AFTER the pictures have been taken but its cool all the same.. maybe they'll want to do a full feature on it once its all done? :)

So guys I said I had a few surprises in order - the last few weeks I've been having some Ali bits fabricated for the car and over the weekend started polishing up the Alternator cover. The timing belt cover has a few minior alterations to be done but will then be complete! Also have a ali oil breather in the making What do you all think.

They are to complement all of the powdercoating I have had done that I picked up at the weekend. I have now powder coated black most of the parts in my engine bay. The supercharger, inlet manifold, charger brackets, rocker cover and alternator are all now powdercoated black.

I also have a ali fuel rail to be polished and go in. All my fuel hoses are now with a stainless Steel overbraid. And to finish it all off and to match the red boost hoses, I now have also managed to find vacuum hoses and hoses for my aquamist system with a RED cotton overbraid. It's going to look MINT!!!

I helped too...... I was the main part!!!! A human grinder bracket. Ain't that right Sam???

Looks even better now, did you carry-on at home???

It's true - I had no way of clamping my gringer to the bench - so while steve was working like a trojan on mtc R32's car - he was holding the grinder to the bench while I was polishing!!!!!!

Very nice - you going into production with these (hint, hint)??

I doubt it, from what sam said, If you mention the "C" word to the guy he'll tell you to Fook Off...lol

Blimey, those are some serious pieces of work. Would it be rude to ask how much such an item would cost?

Sorry - Yes it would, but rest assured - it was a small fortune!!!!

Very nice - you going into production with these (hint, hint)??

No unfortunatly not - firstly the place said never again :lol:, secondly if I did tell you how much I wouldn't want to be responsable for the freak outbreak of mass heartattacks amongst Corrado Owners!!

I doubt it, from what sam said, If you mention the "C" word to the guy he'll tell you to Fook Off...lol

Probably quote another "C" back as well :lol: :lol: Still it was worth a shot. Lovely piece of work though.

saw these in the flesh today very sweet nice attention to detail Sam,, but SOOO much more to come!!

me too!! the bits you've had done are awesome Sam, look better in the flesh!! :wink:

still one of my fav rado's and it just gets better !nice work sam , last time i looked in you're engine kept dieing :-( glad thats sorted

Can't wait to see pics of the engine bay when they're all strapped on! , they look awesome, especially the alternator cover 8)