Sign in to follow this  
Blue_Joe

Blue Joe's G60 - FIRST DRIVE!!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO DONT DO IT!

If I do sell it will be alot, I have a price in mind but I'm not telling it until I have finally decided or someone is SERIOUSLY interested. This is a one off engine that certainly racepower refuse to build one again due to the time and difficulties involved. Bearing in mind the power figures are not taking into account the Auquamist Water/Methanol injection that is on but not set up yet!

For sure :)

I hope you can manage to hold on to it really,especially after the time/money gone into it.But suppose its a case of priorities :(

All the best with whatever you decide anyway m8.

Neil.

:roll:

I can appreciate there are more important things in life, but....Didnt see that coming... :?

Haha what ? why go to all that and then sell up.. Are you not pleased with it then sam as surley you cant be bored with it allready ?

I'm far from Bored with it annd I'll be gutted to see it go. But the way my company car scheme now sits (I've been headhunted back to work for Canon!) the best car I can get is a VW Jetta bottom spec or a Ford Fucus Titanium. They've done it deliberatly to get people to opt out.

So question is do I take a Fucus. Opt out sell up and buy a few year old C class or CLK, or go PCP on a new/almost new car.

I'm not definatly selling. Just got to consider my options. Thats all for now.

Think the more I think about it I will hold on to it for now. I can't make such a decision too quickly!

I'll see if I can get a decent car out of pool stock that still has a year or so left on it so I can get the car how I want it then take much more time over the decision.

As I said - I REALLY dont want to sell it. It's too much fun to sell it!

Well - It's Arch rolling time at the weekend. Managed to borrow an Arch Rolling Tool (Thanks Steve!!!! :salute: :salute: ) Didn't really want to cut them off, so will be using my mates garage unit and Space heater to warm up the arches and paint as I really could do without it cracking to get it right!!!!

Then its an investigation into the Water/Methanol Pump to see why it's not working.

Why dont you just get a bottom spec jetta...?!

Its a free car.

If somebody offered me a frickin clio to get to work id take it.

Why dont you just get a bottom spec jetta...?!

Its a free car.

If somebody offered me a frickin clio to get to work id take it.

Because to get a bottom spec Jetta I have to put in an initial payment of £600!!!!! :shock:

And it isn't a FREE car, I get taxed about £3500 a year extra for it!!!!

And it's not to get to work in, it's to drive around in all day to see my clients. In my job image says alot and what you drive also has an impact with clients believe it or not. I spend alot of time with Directors and Managing Partners of some VERY large companies, law firms, national and multinational companies that spend well into 6 figures with me sometimes. If i turned up to meet them or took them out in a clio i don't think they would be overly impressed.

I know it sounds snobbish but image it alot in the medium to large value sale industry!

A clean and well presented car always carries more weight than a flash car, I've had friends lose business because they have turned up in too flash a car, never seen anyone lose business of a not flash enough car.

My MD hates me driving a 15 year old Corrado but client reaction has been 99% positive

It's not really a flash car I'm after - but a decent one. Not solely to impress clients in, but one that I can enjoy spending 8 hours and more a day getting in and out of.

Looked at a fabulous E-Class 55 Reg Merc that I could put on PCP well in my budget and that is a lovely car.

Well got absolutely loads of work done on the car this weekend!!!!! Worked mega hard!!

List of Jobs done:

Rolled rear arches!

Fitted Trimsport Rear Strutbrace finally!

Undersealed under rear arches including where I have rolled them.

Re-undersealed all the jacking points where its been up and down so much it had all started to come away

Replaced passenger window mechanism and motor as cable had snapped in mine.

Removed Amp Rack to make way for strut brace and moved amp to rear of back seat!

Sorted Rear offside lights being dimmer than nearside.

Changed a few of the exhaust hangers that were fubared.

Finally fixed loose exhaust heatshield

INSTALLED INTERCOOLER WATER SPRAY IN FRONT BUMPER USING SUBARU STI SPRAY NOZZLES

Now I'm absolutely knackered!!!

Still got to investigate Aquamist not working

Install Charge Air Temp Guage

Finish Ali Alternator and Cam Belt Cover

Remove intercooler, cut off inlet header remake with inlet pointing up

Reinstall and remake all the pipework out of mandrel bent ali pipes.

Move Oil Cooler

Clean it inside and out!!!!!

Plus Loads more I cant remember.

Managed to get a beer when I was done - just before having to spend 3 hours cooking a Sunday Roast for the Missus as she'd been at work all day!

Well I've just been out and removed my Intercooler. I've finally found a fabricators that I feel I can trust to remove the Inlet header and refabricate me a new one with the inlet in a different position (ie. pointing upwards!!!)

This will basically allow me to lose 5ft of boost pipework before it reaches the intercooler. This should inturn INCREASE the boost getting into the car which can ultimately only lead to one thing...............................................

MORE POWER!!!! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

They have also said that they can turn it around same day for me so I can drop it off tomorrow and I can have it back same day!!