pbradley98

Dash mount cup holder

Where did you get this from?

LOL it is a standard feature that came with the car m8, check with your local stealership ;)

I use the gap in between the slide forward & backwards handle on the passenger seat...

I've been looking at these for my Land Rover. I guess it could be attached to the central console.http://www.ultimatecupholders.com/fischercupholder.html

LOL it is a standard feature that came with the car m8, check with your local stealership ;)

I use the gap in between the slide forward & backwards handle on the passenger seat...

Good skills! Not convinced that'll work for a can of coke tho!

Good skills! Not convinced that'll work for a can of coke tho!

give it a go m8

you will be surprised at the amount of different receptacles it will house :)

gonna give this a crack, found an a4 cup holder on ebay for cheap...

cool, post up how you get on in due course :)

loving both the A4 and the mk4 ideas,

one word of advise though, from my years of experience of working on Ford radios, if you can, try to fit the cup holder below the radio, I saw to many radios scrapped because coffee had spilt in the holder and when put back in the dash it drips straight into the radio and eats the PCB. Coffee is very corrosive to PCBs

Looks great. Any chance of putting up a how to guide. Something that I have been wanting to do for a while.

Tricky one to do a how to for. It takes a lot of trial and error. Basics though are to strip the ash tray down to nothing but the tray and the flap, remove all of the springs and damping mechanism along with all of the gubbins holding the front button in place.

The a4 ashtray is basically exactly the right size to slide in to the tray, all you need to do is remove the plastic from the back of the tray, junior hack saw and pliers work well. I found with mine that the cup holder is gripped just a bit to tightly once slid in, this stops it ejecting smoothly. To free it up I shaved a couple mm from each side of the ashtray, down to a depth of a cm or so, this means the very bottom of the holders is still gripped tightly but the rest of the sides aren't under pressure. I filled this gap later with hot glue.

Then it's just a case of playing with position until it lines up and is in the right place to allow the push to open to work. Use hot glue gun and super glue in as many places as you can to get the holder stuck in there good and strong.

Tricky one to do a how to for. It takes a lot of trial and error. Basics though are to strip the ash tray down to nothing but the tray and the flap, remove all of the springs and damping mechanism along with all of the gubbins holding the front button in place.

The a4 ashtray is basically exactly the right size to slide in to the tray, all you need to do is remove the plastic from the back of the tray, junior hack saw and pliers work well. I found with mine that the cup holder is gripped just a bit to tightly once slid in, this stops it ejecting smoothly. To free it up I shaved a couple mm from each side of the ashtray, down to a depth of a cm or so, this means the very bottom of the holders is still gripped tightly but the rest of the sides aren't under pressure. I filled this gap later with hot glue.

Then it's just a case of playing with position until it lines up and is in the right place to allow the push to open to work. Use hot glue gun and super glue in as many places as you can to get the holder stuck in there good and strong.

Looks good! How have you secured the flap shut for when not in use? I've gone with two strips of magnetic tape, so you 'roll' the flap open by pressing the very bottom of the flap below the hinge point if that makes sense....

I haven't yet. It's fairly stiff so I think it will stay in place. If it doesn't my plan was to use magnets. As weak as poss or it might impede the spring release..

I understand these 'pop-out' cup holders are nice & like the ashtray version, good work.

however, I thought I would share my cup holder which is a cracking fit for many size receptacles, requires zero modifications, has no potential spill issues & doesn't get in the way of anything..... ;)

I've been using this on my 2 week road trip around Europe and this works well even with a open can of coke with no spillage. The Can was small but a bit of screwed up paper on the bottom did the trick. Only cost me £2 to get the cup.

I've been using this on my 2 week road trip around Europe and this works well even with a open can of coke with no spillage. The Can was small but a bit of screwed up paper on the bottom did the trick. Only cost me £2 to get the cup.

winner m8!! thanks for trying & the feedback ;)

it is a handy place indeed lol

No good if you've got Electric Recaros though :(

I had a look yesterday. There is no tilt handle. But the back/forth handle is on that side. A thermo mug fits!

So the cupholder is good for all models :)

I had a look yesterday. There is no tilt handle. But the back/forth handle is on that side. A thermo mug fits!

So the cupholder is good for all models :)

winner winner chicken dinner! a free of charge mod for any rado lol

sorry mike, I did mean the back/forth handle in my previous post

I didn't realise electric recaro's had a manual back/forth slide - are the electrics just for height & backrest?

I didn't realise electric recaro's had a manual back/forth slide - are the electrics just for height & backrest?

Yes, just up'n'down and tilty back. When they work :)

Yes, just up'n'down and tilty back. When they work :)

I see. guess it saves on another motor

what are they like to sit in when compared to a standard rado seat m8?

I do always find myself occasionally looking for some but ive never sat in any

plus I am still hunting for some autostrada Modena's & still kicking myself for not buying the set that appeared here some time ago :(