Sign in to follow this  
Storm

Alpine head Unit

Cant get the Bstd out!!!!!!! :evil: :mad:

Its the newer type with the locking pins that you have to slide up. Is their a saviour out there who knows how to get it out? Do I need to use pins as well?

Cant get the Bstd out!!!!!!! :evil: :mad:

Its the newer type with the locking pins that you have to slide up. Is their a saviour out there who knows how to get it out? Do I need to use pins as well?

i dont on mine :?

Dazzy how do you pull it out theres nothing to hold on to? Tried pushing from the back and it seems stuck! :?:

found it a bit tricky to hold both round pins up and pull it out but thats how it works on mine!!

once i push the clips up it slides out pretty easy,bit to easy for my liking though

I fit mine so it just slides right out with little effort (but tight enough to not rattle, slide around while driving). If some monkey has made the effort to break into my car, I'd rather they just took the head unit and didn't make a mess of my dash in the process.

once i push the clips up it slides out pretty easy,bit to easy for my liking though

I fit mine so it just slides right out with little effort (but tight enough to not rattle, slide around while driving). If some monkey has made the effort to break into my car, I'd rather they just took the head unit and didn't make a mess of my dash in the process.

no point pinching mine as all the control unit is in the boot

Yeah the new units are way to easy to take out

Unless they are so well jammed in that you need to push from behind like mine.

Mine's still got the original Sony VW tape head unit in it.. gotta work out how to replace that with something good pretty soon.

dinkus, does that have the auto volume feature on it? would be worth keeping as will add value to car for a collector in years to come... wouldn't mind seeing a pic if poss as I always wondered what would have been in mine from new?

dinkus, does that have the auto volume feature on it? would be worth keeping as will add value to car for a collector in years to come... wouldn't mind seeing a pic if poss as I always wondered what would have been in mine from new?

I'll let you know on Friday when I pick it up :D

Don't worry tho, there will be lots of pictures. This thing is insane, it's even still got the original First Aid kit, still wrapped up with an "Exp Dez 97" sticker on it lol.

The head unit is definitely going to be kept, but I want something decent for every day use. I may uprate the speakers too, depending on what they sound like. This car is going to stay stock though :)

Edit: Oh yeah the head unit also still has it's original plastic box in new condition... the one in my last car was held together with gaffer tape and I only had that 4yrs!