Sign in to follow this  
jimbo-corrado

WHAT DO I GET NEXT ??

There's a mint red integrale EVO in Kershaws up the road from me for £10999. I want it so much it hurts :oops:

Not as much as your wallet would within a week of owning it! :wink: :lol:

E36 M3 or Audi S2 coupe for fun.........or for refinement E34 M5, or even a Merc 300SL-24v!! :mrgreen:

There's a mint red integrale EVO in Kershaws up the road from me for £10999. I want it so much it hurts :oops:

Not as much as your wallet would within a week of owning it! :wink: :lol:

Please, I'm a corrado vR6 owner....you think I'm not already used to arsetronomical (sic)running costs?

No,

He bought Mark16v's really nice Pearl Green 2.0 16v instead :)

AndyVR6, I seem to remember you were thinking about getting a 200SX, did you not bother in the end?

Yeh, paid deposit on an absolutely beautiful one in black and the guy went missing with both money and car :( I still have all it's old MOT's and the green new owner part of the V5. Won't go into too much detail 'cos the police are on the case :wink:

As Jim said, managed to snap up Mark16v's old car. It's a beaut, but I am missing the power of the VR (or an SX).

I was sooo impressed with the SX and I still want one.

Wouldn't go for a 'Teg-R - no torque and tiring to drive.

But they handle beautifully :lol:

They feel very similar to my H&R/Koni/Neuspeed setup - from the factory :shock:

oh yeah - leons have that something special :wink: :D

seriously, i would get one if I didnt have the same fecking name as it!

other than that, I would have to agree on the integra type-r - though perhaps not as classy looking as others... hard to say - theres a lot of choices out there

I agree there. I test drove one before deciding on a Corrado and it required far too much concentration and mental awareness to be comfortable, at least I can be a lazy slob with all the torque of the VR :)

The Teg-R is definitely not something i'd have for commuting or long motorway journeys, it's just not as refined as the C, but I'd certainly have it as a 'weekend toy' :)

Yeah the VR is great for lumbering around in, any old Tom Dick and Harry could get in and drive it and make rapid progress without having first been out on an induction driving course.

The Teg is a very focused car for sure. The turn-in is perhaps too sharp for some, could catch you out but the 205 GTI was equally rabid like in it's responses, and that was an easy car to live with.......so...... horses for courses. It's the lack of urge below 6000 rpm that is the most tiring/annoying aspect of it.

AndyVR6, hope it gets sorted in your favour, I'm a fan of the 200SX as well.

Cheers mate! Think the SX is a VERY underrated car.

The Teg-R is definitely not something i'd have for commuting or long motorway journeys, it's just not as refined as the C, but I'd certainly have it as a 'weekend toy'

Exactly. Would be great to take out for a weekend burn or trackday, but wouldn't want one for everyday use. Apparently the road noise is appalling. My VTI-S had the same engine and although it was very rapid, you really did have to concentrate to keep the revs in v-tec. It becomes sooo wearing having to really thrash a car all the time to drive quickly.

No doubt about the handling though- they get at least as much praise as the C in this department.

I've seen 2 integra type r's recently both of which produced plumes of blue smoke on acceleration. There are not that many around but these clearly had some burning oil/engine issue so others might have the same problem. If you go for a test drive check the oil level and the rear view mirror!

Well noone else has mentioned it so I'm gonna put in my vote for the 944 Turbo SE. 250bhp as standard and if you pick up this months copy of GT purely porsche there is an article on extracting over 370bhp for about £1300. Big bang for few bucks.

I've wanted one since I was about 12, my next motor will be that or a 968, if I ever could ever bring myself to let the C go.

a friend owns a 944 - absolutely beautiful and sounds somewhat amazing. only thing to consider with this car is the cost - its substantial... over 2 years this guy has now collected a fat book of receipts, many of which hit over 600-700 quid... :shock: its reserved for the very dedicated!!

My mate took a Leon Cupra R out for a test drive but wasn't inpressed , he was lookin to trade his golf v6 4motion in on one and said the torque steers was stupid and the build quality wasn,t as good as the golf . The S4 avant would have been spot on for me but im not payin them prices for insurance .

Anything with a vtec would get my vote, according to Jezza on TG Honda havnt had a single engine failure yet.............but then again if it was me id my lookin to Germany for some solid power, M3 is sposed to be the most fun you can have for 10k unless sooooper expensive slappers are your thing....................then again if you want out an out power by a bike 10g's will get you a bonafide 200mph superbike

Anything with a vtec would get my vote, according to Jezza on TG Honda havnt had a single engine failure yet.............

They've not had any VTEC failures, but they've had engine meltdowns though I'm sorry to say.

And BMW have also seen a large number of E46 M3 units fail, especially the brutal SMG equipped engines. Stick that SMG on sport mode and it trashes the engine and box. There's even a warning in the manual stating as much.

That's the cost of extracting 100bhp per litre out of an NA engine I'm afraid.

I think Honda's claim about the engine not going bang, is that they say they've had none break under warranty....

I've posted about exactly this before 'cos my Storm is starting to get a bit long in the tooth and bugger me if I didn't discover VW are possibly going to produce my perfect car soon. Being brand spanking new it won't obviously be in your 10k band (prolly closer to triple that) but just in case nobody's heard of it yet I thought I'd mention it anyway.

It's called the VW "Concept C" and it's a tin-top convertible/coupe thingy. Sounds the business to me as long as they drop in a VR6 and give it Syncro. I'm sure u bunch have already seen it and I'm going over old news but just in case, you can see what I'm talking about here:

http://www.germancarfans.com/news.cfm/N ... gen/1.html

For me it's pretty much exactly what I was looking for in a replacement (not in silver tho - bleurgh) but what do you guys all think?

Having seen this in the flesh at the Birmingham motor show, I wasn't too impressed... The Audi A3 Convertable looked nicer... It could also be very easily be confused with a Toyota Avensis convertable (if one existed) and many other cars of that style...

Ah! That's what it was, it lacks style and individuality! ;)

Yeah I have to say it doesn't quite strike me as a design classic in the looks department but I've seen a lot worse. I'm hoping if it does progress beyond Concept then the production model will be a bit more attractive. Having said that, it's not a bad looker as it is and the idea of a decent Coupe and a decent convertible in one does make me a bit flexible looks-wise. I think the colour isn't doing it any favours either . Lets see what happens when it comes out!

What does the A3 convertible look like then - is it a tin-top as well?