Mawrick

Anyone know if refrigerant compressor from Caravelle VR6 (1998) can be used on Corr ?

Anyone know if the refrigerant compressor from a 1998 Caravelle VR6 can be used on the Corrado VR6 ? (1995 model so it's R134 gas).

If not is there any other cars one can take a "Sanden" compressor from that will fit?.

What other options for non original compressors are there ? (quality?)

Not sure what the difference is with a Sanden compressor however the compressor from a MK3 or MK4 golf (VR6 or R32) will fit, I've got a MK4 R32 compressor on mine, albeit not plumbed in yet. In reality it all depends how far you're willing to go work wise, you can make anything fit with the right about of fettling! ;)

Not sure what the difference is with a Sanden compressor however the compressor from a MK3 or MK4 golf (VR6 or R32) will fit, I've got a MK4 R32 compressor on mine, albeit not plumbed in yet. In reality it all depends how far you're willing to go work wise, you can make anything fit with the right about of fettling! ;)

Was hoping for a "Bolt-on" solution here....lol.......are the MK4 R32 compressor a bolt-on solution or ? (Any idea what these costs in the UK new? )

The alternator / pas pump / aircon bracket off the V5 10V mk4s is very similar to the Corrados, the pas pump bracketry is at a slightly different angle for clearance?

I put a V5 A/C pump on a MK4 TDi and it worked a treat for 3 years

Was hoping for a "Bolt-on" solution here....lol.......are the MK4 R32 compressor a bolt-on solution or ? (Any idea what these costs in the UK new? )

Its bolt on, didn't do any modifications at all, I'm not sure whether the non VR6 engines use the same compressor, the VR6's use the same bracket though which is why i went down that route.

Edit: If I remember when I get home I'll get you a part number from mine.

Edited by eugopnosaj

Its bolt on, didn't do any modifications at all, I'm not sure whether the non VR6 engines use the same compressor, the VR6's use the same bracket though which is why i went down that route.

Edit: If I remember when I get home I'll get you a part number from mine.

That would be appreciated - the one pictured over comes from a Caravelle VR6, not sure if there is much difference on the VR6 bracket's used on the caravelle either?.