Ray1965

Happy then not quite

Just got my agreed value through from Lancaster insurance. I'm chuffed with the price they agreed on.

Then they hit me with a £27 admin fee, as it was more than a £1000 more than the book price. What?

Having said this i had already paid an extra £17 on top of my policy to do an agreed value, no mention of an extra charge when it was finalised.

Maybe i didn't read the small print on the upteen pages of the policy which i had to print off as this is now an extra £4 for them to print and send you. So i opted for email friendly.

Gripe over.

Ray, can I ask what value they agreed? They offered me a value less than I asked and I am beginning to wonder if it is worth the extra hassle and expense.

I asked for an agreed value of £10k I got it back from Lancaster today £9k agreed.

I think insurance companies are beginning to recognise them starting to gain value if mint.

Ray, can I ask what value they agreed? They offered me a value less than I asked and I am beginning to wonder if it is worth the extra hassle and expense.

I asked for £3.500 shooting a bit high tbh but they came back with £3,300.

£10k, Mr Clumpy, i hope i haven't sold myself short..lol.

I asked for an agreed value of £10k I got it back from Lancaster today £9k agreed.

Clumpy what's the score with the agreed value... Is it just an agreement with the insurance company... Or do you have to have the car inspected by someone in the know...

With Lancaster you send them pics of car inside and out and all mods (in my case anyway). They have an assessor who values the car which is then sent to you in the form of a certificate which guarantees you that amount (in the case of a total loss less any policy excess) This 44fbe7a13cdd3a49dd85da39cd51e9bc.jpg

This reminds me I must complete my agreed value form . As James has said , that's how it works . Basically an added ins for people that have spent a lot on their car and would be able to recooperate some of the money to allow them to start again if it was written off . Obviously you can't insure it for everything you have spent , there are chaps on here that are into 15k plus , I can't see any insurance company agreeing to that .

This reminds me I must complete my agreed value form . As James has said , that's how it works . Basically an added ins for people that have spent a lot on their car and would be able to recooperate some of the money to allow them to start again if it was written off . Obviously you can't insure it for everything you have spent , there are chaps on here that are into 15k plus , I can't see any insurance company agreeing to that .

Cheers guys.... Need to get mine sorted with agreed value... Dunno on price though... Should I pull a figure out if thin air ? Dunno... Would never be able to replace it....

Suggestion on price welcome see sig below.

Few more details here

http://the-corrado.net/showthread.php?80990-Delfinis38-Vr6&highlight=Delfinis38

Edited by delfinis38

I asked for £3.500 shooting a bit high tbh but they came back with £3,300.

£10k, Mr Clumpy, i hope i haven't sold myself short..lol.

I asked for £7k and they came back with £5k. I'm going to push them next year to accept a higher valuation.

From my experience with several different cars is all about the proof you supply and evidence to back up your claims..... And also showing your car has had above and beyond the general maintenance and has been restored using OE parts....plenty of photos and not setting you expectations to high.

I supplied Brentacre with a dozen pics, asked for and got £3K agreed value

From my experience with several different cars is all about the proof you supply and evidence to back up your claims..... And also showing your car has had above and beyond the general maintenance and has been restored using OE parts....plenty of photos and not setting you expectations to high.

Exactly what i thought and did.

My car has 90k on the clock body work not perfect.

Good service history.

Sent the photo's and they came back with the price not too bad tbh.

Also it's a lot better than the book price. Too which i haven't a clue.

I can only imagine losing our car that you've spent years getting to the standard its in and then having to replace it with like for like and not havin the budget to do this due to "book values". I will certainly be looking for agreed value car insurance next time round.