Alright folks, completely new to this and forums in general. I've loved the look of corrados for a couple years now but never been able to get one or insure one. Really really wanting one now and finding it more than difficult! Only got a small budget so obviously I know I won't get a mint condition one just after something that at least has MOT and drives. Even someone who would swap a project corrado for a good condition civic Sr coupe. I've not been around VW's a lot so would be good for anything to watch out for faults etc. Cheers, Scott

Oreet Scott welcome along mate there's plenty of great members here with invaluable advice and knowledge , depends what engine your gunning for obviously the 8v will a lot cheaper to insure than the vr6 , I started with the 8v back in 2012 and now have a vr6. Main issues to look out for on all Corrados are , blown heater matrix symptoms include a sweet yaki smell/ taste coming through the heater, loss of coolant usually found in the footwells. sticking sunroofs are a common fault. General ware and tear oil/water leaks as with all older cars. If your going for a vr6 with higher mileage be sure to check for a receipt for timing chains. If your not changing the timing chains yourself expect to pay quite a bit of coin to have them done. Check for patches of rust , all vw/audi are galvanised so in my experience they tend to rust a lot less then similar aged cars , rust behind the petrol cap around the filler neck needs to be sorted asap really. But when you get buy a Corrado your in for a treat mate 😊 awesome cars mate they drive and handle fantastically. Best of luck finding a good one pal.

Thanks man appreciate the info:) I'll be sure to check those things out if I go to look at one. And my budget is emmbaressingly low tbh as i know i couldnt afford a decent one so after one that at least has Mot and drives doesn't matter how bad it looks etc but as long as I can still at least use it. I got offered one last year that needed bulbs a respray and interior bits and bobs and I couldn't insure it:/!! I can insure one now though!

nice m8. I still remember going to collect my 1.8 for the first time all those years ago

I could be tempted to part with it for the right kind of money

They look so nice the corrados like! What sorta price you after mate? I'll probably not be able to afford it but might as well ask haha

They look so nice the corrados like! What sorta price you after mate? I'll probably not be able to afford it but might as well ask haha

they are certainly the kind of car a person falls in love with lol

I have just got it back on the road & freshly MOT'd but am waiting for the mechanics bill at present, it had a hell of a lot of parts renewed! thus unsure until I get said bill but probably around the 2K mark or maybe a little above

I would say to you it is better wait & to save enough money to get a good one rather than jump at one which could end up costing you a fortune. wayne I apologise now but Scanderson take a look at the VR6 in Yorkshire thread in members gallery for an example of what I mean

Ahhh that's real bad luck:/ I've seen that one on Gumtree and looks proper nice like. I'll have a think on what to do mate wouldn't mind one that needed work like but it wouldn't wanna fall into a trap like

Ahhh that's real bad luck:/ I've seen that one on Gumtree and looks proper nice like. I'll have a think on what to do mate wouldn't mind one that needed work like but it wouldn't wanna fall into a trap like

yeah poor wayne! he seems such a nice person it makes me feel bad what he has gone through

that said he did fix a hell of a lot & had lots of tenacity

they are certainly the kind of car a person falls in love with lol

I have just got it back on the road & freshly MOT'd but am waiting for the mechanics bill at present, it had a hell of a lot of parts renewed! thus unsure until I get said bill but probably around the 2K mark or maybe a little above

I would say to you it is better wait & to save enough money to get a good one rather than jump at one which could end up costing you a fortune. wayne I apologise now but Scanderson take a look at the VR6 in Yorkshire thread in members gallery for an example of what I mean

Depends how much you want to get your hands dirty.

Mine cost me £250, however with that i've had to change headgasket, clutch, timing etc, steering rack (thanks Chris) , ABS pump, CV joints and lots of other bits and bobs. I still need 2 new front seats, she needs a full respray and full alloy refurb. I've had very useful friends and myself, so most of my costs have been parts very luckily but i'd say she's cost me about 2k + purchase price so far with still a list (the expensive stuff) to go.

I'll never sell her though and will chuck in the money when I have it. It really just depends what plans you have for it :)

Grab g0ldf1n3r's car (that's if he is selling) sounds like its well sorted! Will probably save you much cash in the future by paying a little more now1

Appreciate the comments guys! I'll get my car I have the now sold then save up as quick as possible and sort out a decent one rather than get caught with a dodgy bugger trying to scam me. Had scammers before and it wasn't fun! Hopefully I won't need to wait toolong, really really wanting a corrado now!

First saw one like 2/3 years ago and loved the look of them every since and that was on TV! I've never seen one in person round my way there's not very interesting cars haha. One question I do have: I take it the engines are strong and last a long long time? Just coz almost everyone I've seen has done a lot of miles (ie:130k and above) this doesn't bother me but just wondered if it was an issue?