unclean

VR6 cylinder head + rebuild parts

Unfortunately I blew my headgasket a couple of months back. I'm in the midst of the engine rebuild now and thought I'd just check if anybody has a recently reconditioned or even low mileage VR6 head hanging about before I send mine off?

I'm also on the lookout for bits like timing chains, tensioners and gaskets if anybody has unused ones stashed?

Cheers, Phil.

Edited by unclean

That sucks dude, good luck with the build, go for the newer plastic tensioner and bolt with out the nipple on the end but don't by one of the sets if you do this as the newer set is a single chain and not the double.

Nice, thanks for the heads up. I've got some part details from VAG, but it appears some bits are now end of life. Do you reckon the Febi chains/tensioner parts are sufficient?

I think the ones I used were febi And no issues yet, alot of online stores seem to stock febi so I wouldn't personally worry about using them.

One thing I did a lot was go on partsbase.org to get the part code and just type that in on eBay.de the Germans seem to have lots of Om parts lying about.

I've got a Vr6 engine that's been sitting for 20+ years, only had 19.000km before a mate of mine crashed the car..

It's in bits, might be of use to you?