Sign in to follow this  
Bally

missing my rado

as above, cars been running so sweet until a water pipe gaveup on Friday nite, tried to replace it myself but no joy, its bee, in garage I use since saturday they waiting for part to arrive..

went to see it at lunch, looked so sweet sitting in the carpark, miss driving it!! :(

ive got a burst pipe on mine,ive bodged it for now but its still leaking slightly so im only using it for work,till i get paid :roll:

hope you get it sorted soon daz..

can't belive VW want £36 for a pipe thats gone on myn :roll:

This must be the knackered pipe thread. This isn't the one from the oil cooler --> head is it? (The 3 attachment one that is a BEEEYATCH to get to, ideally with alternator removed?) Need to get that one changed, will do when my rad arrives....

on mine its the one from the head to the heater matrix which also slpits in 2 which goes somewhere else think its the throttle body :?

can I add in a whinge about crappy head gaskets while I'm here?

:mad:

This must be the knackered pipe thread. This isn't the one from the oil cooler --> head is it? (The 3 attachment one that is a BEEEYATCH to get to, ideally with alternator removed?) Need to get that one changed, will do when my rad arrives....

thats the one... :roll:

can I add in a whinge about crappy head gaskets while I'm here?

:mad:

you cam mate

£160 squid!!! Now thats gotta hurt :shock: , did they use lubricant when they took you over the barrel mate??

Hope the C is fine now mate.

Get yourself some tools mate and they could pay for themselves in one go. £160 would have bought alot and still had the money left over for the parts.

http://www.toolshack.biz (teng tools for cheap tools money)

*mod edit - Link fixed - Henny*

hey guys, cheers for the replies..

the pipes cost me £55 including VAT, the bottom hose was replaced too as it had gone soft so would have burst at somepoint.. the rest was labour..

I'm peed that I couldn't do it myself, but the pipes have done 145k & are the OE ones..

the guy who worked on the car is very very good...

still alot of dosh, no I'm even more skint :cry:

Missing mine too... its been at the garage for nearly 3 weeks now!!!

:shock: I found it hard for a few days...

whats up with your car phil?

plenty wrong with my C unfortunately... over fueling duff metering head we think. Had the cam chain and all belts done before RTTS as it was running really badly this sorted it for three days and then it went back to how it was before... so it went back to get sorted... it's now been three weeks since and it's still not sorted :mad: poped down a few times in the week to remind myself what it looks like... oh how I miss my car :cry: mind you I wouldn't want it back if it was still running like a dog...