delfinis38

New alarm and imob.

Dunno anything about alarms.. Any suggestions what to buy and get fitted... Intention is to replace the old lazerline. So want alarm and imob, central locking, windows and sunroof shutting, and sensors inside.

Thoughts please.. And price I should be paying to get it fitted.

I had a Toad ai606 installed about 18 months ago. It does all the stuff you've mentioned and is Thatcham Category 1 for insurance.

You didn't mention where you are. But I had mine supplied and fitted by John at http://www.covics.co.uk/ Coventry.

I also had an old alarm in there and the wiring was a complete mess. John spent 9 hours removing the old alarm, tidying the wiring and fitting the new one. Looked like factory when he was done. I also bought a new headunit, custom fit speakers and had the doors dynomatted by John. He always does a top job and he's not hard to pay.

For the ai606, installed and fitted should be in the region of £250 - £300.

As above, have had the Toad ai606 on both my Corrados and both time they have been faultless.

I'll be putting one on the Storm once its roadworthy too

Its something i need to look into as well, Took my alarm out as the fobs were slowly breaking and only had one left. Whats involved in being an approved installer as i'd like to fit my own.