mic_VR

Cleaning heavily greased alloys

Just wondering if anyone has some tips for cleaning up some alloys that have suffered from a bit of a cv boot explosion?

I've tried some non descript wheel cleaner, and autoglm engine degreaser but it's proving fairly stubborn.

I used good old washing up liquid when one of my boots let go.Used hand wipes on the parts of suspension I couldn't wash properly

Cheers guys. Ran out of time in the end today but I'll give the suggestions a try when I'm free in the evenings.

My mate used iron-x on my wheels the other day, they had some sort of dirty coating I could not shift despite many attempts with power wash, scrubbing etc. The iron-x stuff is the worst smelling stuff I've ever come across but we used it on my wheels they came up like brand new, was pretty shocked at how good it was. Properly weird stuff though, spray it on (clear liquid) and the wheel starts bleeding! Then wait 5-10 minutes and jet wash off.