carrots

drivers outer window scraper problem

I bought a window scraper New from vw heritage a while ago but it never seemed to sit right on door.its like it needs to push down a bit more but I don't want to hit it in case I damage it.any ideas

Is it a case of it pushes down then pops up again or will it not push down far enough? Have you got any pics?

It will push down far enough for it to stay on but doesn't touch the glass properly I am wondering if it's made wrong.no pics sorry.I had to cut the end off it as early doors have different seals.I cut the passenger side and that fitted fine tho

Edited by carrots

Sorry to jump in on the thread , but I have the same problem . I bought two new ones . New window rollers . The windows still rattle . Mine are as tight as I can get them , but they are not tight to the windows above the handle area . Like you say Carrots , you can't just pull them off and try to refit them .

The bottom edge of the seal does kind of 'hook' round the frame. It is easier to fit if the door card and top trim are removed first.

Same problem with me too, however if you rest a block of wood on the seal and apply some gentle persuasion with a hammer you can get it to sit more snugly. It is much easier to do this if you drop the glass out of the runner first!