carrots

heater blower sounds ill

turned my heater blower on tonight after a few months,its started making a horrible noise is it worth trying to repair it or just buy a new one off ebay also is it possible to get the resistor for none air con cars

May be just some foliage if its been left out in the elements for a while. Take the foliage cover off and have a look down inside the fan. There are a few aftermarket ones on ebay as I'm not sure they're still available, but can't imagine them being too cheap!

You can buy the resistor from ebay too if you need it. Have a search as I'm sure there are details of exactly what you need on the forum somewhere.

Does it still work on all four speeds? If it does you don't need a resister, just a new fan. Could be you need a new seal on your leaf filter in the scuttle tray, if that's letting water past it drops straight into the fan.

I bought the seal on eBay about £12 and the fan about £30 I got lucky and held out for a Valeo one, same as the old one

Doh, need a resister too then, while you've got the fan off test the seal with some water if all is well fan and resister then, I didn't fancy doing the resister, at first I just got a good complete 2nd hand one.

I will test the seal as the carpet under my passenger mat was wet a few months ago.I've got an swg panel fitted on top of the crappy plastic cover.suppose water running into the heater motor won't help

Edited by carrots