Jamie

Assortment Of Screws Wanted

Need a few random screws if any of you can help? Need all the arch liner fixings, door cards and a handful of interior fixings - a pillar screws, under dash screws etc

Cheers

Jamie, Halfords do a box of screws that are the exact same head as the ones for the arch liner. The thread is slightly different, but hold up well if you prefer new ones mate.

You can get the lot from the dealers if you can dig out the part numbers on ETKA and wait for a while - they don't cost much and at least you'll have the right ones. The Halfrauds ones are a rip-off, and don't match the OEM sizes exactly, but will do if you're stuck.

You can get the lot from the dealers if you can dig out the part numbers on ETKA and wait for a while - they don't cost much and at least you'll have the right ones. The Halfrauds ones are a rip-off, and don't match the OEM sizes exactly, but will do if you're stuck.

Some are available individual, some you have to buy a box of XXXXX. 250 - 1000 so its expensive.

If you can take some pictures of exactly what you need more of, I'm sure I can dig some out from spares.

Just a lot of variations in size and head etc need a clarification of exactly what you need.

Thing is Sean - I'm not sure what the original arch liner screws look like. I have an assortment of random wood screws, self tappers and speed bolts. I want to try and avoid the dealer if I can cos although it's usually only 50p here and there it quickly spirals into a hefty bill

Stuey - that's excellent mate cheers but as above I'm not sure what I'm supposed to have

Arch liner wise I can't remember the form off the top of my head but what I remember is them all going rusty, screw heads mashed by previous owners etc so i would suggest finding a cheaper new alternative, think they are slide on captive nut and screw combo. Interior wise, I can just send you a selection as I can picture roughly what goes where.

ARZ Tuning have some screws on their site as well - I never had a problem getting individual ones from the dealer, and I used to order direct off a VAG dealer in Germany - sadly they don't have an on-line shop any more, as there used to be parts available in Germany on the dealer network that showed as long obsolete in the UK and Ireland.

Excellent cheers chaps. Stuey - let us know what you got and what I owe you and Chris I'll give you a shout for the remainders cheers both of you :thumbleft:

No probs.

Drop me a pm with your mobile number and I'll drop you some pictures of what i have over the weekend as I'm heading to the workshop Saturday.