robrado974

Spoiler piston [rod]

Evening all .

Ive traced a water leak , to the left hand side spoiler rod . Not sure what its called but its the rod that pushes the spoiler up . Where the plastic casing attatches to the body is where the water is dribbling in . You can see two nuts which look as though they are sunk into the plastic .Before i get the chance to inspect it , i thought i would ask about fixing the problem , iirc these are very easy to break . Any info would be great , thank you .

Rob

Edited by robrado974

Hi rob

Yes they break very easily soak wil penetration fluid before you try an release

Remove the spoiler from the mechanism using an allen key. You nee the spoiler raised to see the bolts

The rubber seal on the top should be stopping the water have a look at the edges for damage. If u need some pics of a removed spoiler mech let me know

Also mate them trims went on Thursday left the two side pieces in as was already in box. If you open end with less tape on that the ends that has all the trim pieces in. The are in a bag and newspaper

I snapped mine getting them off Rob. The captive nuts are held in by the plastic guides so break very easily. Some don't have any problems though, and I managed to get a good second hand set no bother in the end. Definitely worth soaking in penetrating fluid as Chris says though mate.

Thanks for the info chaps , as always it's much appreciated . I remember breaking one a while back on another car . Sounds like it's the rubber seal then .

Thanks lads.

My parts arrived this morning Chris , thank you . I haven't looked at them yet , as I'm away for the weekend .