dr_mat

ABS light and radio removal.

Hi guys,

Annoyingly the bulb unit for my ABS light has fallen out the back of the dash module and I'm struggling to locate it in the dash (I can see the bulb illuminating so it's in there... :) ) .. any tips? I've taken both the lower dash trims out but can't seem to get to it.

Also, it might be easier if I take the radio out but I can't see any clips. It's a standard fit rad/cassette and afaik it's never been out the car. It's also rubbish so I really should do something about that.. but still, first things first .. locate the bloody ABS light for MOT time..!

The car is a '95 VR6 and runs great. ABS works fine..

TIA for any tips! :)

With regard ratio... If it's a face off... You should see some rectangular holes or similar in top corners. You need a tool to release from the cage... Or slide in some sheet metal to release.

I was thinking of going that route too. Just the four screws isn't it? That might be a lot easier because even with the radio out I believe the tray is solid and you can't reach behind it.

Just be extremely careful with the screw trim covers in the bottom corners if you still have them - prise them off very gently, or I've even used a bit of blu-tack to lift them. They break very easily or go missing.

This is definitely my preferred way.

Allows you to easily remove the switches by pinching the clips from behind.

Avoids scratching/snapping/breaking the expensive centre dash trim piece

And allows you to route wires well to avoid the classic "headunit overhang" I've seen in so many Corrado's.

Screw trim covers are already knackered, unfortunately.

So, that was a great call though, taking the binnacle cowl off is really quick, simple, and opens up a huge space to get your hands into. ABS light located fine, MOT booked.. let's see what happens next .. !

Thanks all.