robrado974

Spoiler leak help .

Morning all .

I've just removed my spoiler as I have water leaking into the boot . I can see the water coming in from where the plastic triangle part fits to the body on the inside. Two questions . I'm well aware of the captive nuts breaking when you remove the two screws from the top . If they do go can I glue them back when refitting ?.also if I can no longer get the seal that fits on the top shall I put some sealant under it before refitting it back in place . I can't see any other way of sorting the leak .

Rob .

I trashed my nuts (oo er missus) when i removed mine mate, they were just spinning and are a right pain to remove, ended up ruining the bolts as well had I had to cut them to get them off... the plastic bit of the spoiler frame holds the nuts captive and is easily broken... best bet is to give them a good WD40ing for a few days before removal.

I repaired mine with some nice counter sunk allen head screws (I'll get you some) and large flat washers, also gave the seal a bead of silicon.

Rog.

Thanks for the offering of the bolts Rog , that's very kind of you . You just know they are going to break . There is no way of stopping the leak , without removing that part though .

Looks like I have sorted it now . Fingers crossed . I managed to remove the screws , clean it all up , put a silicone seal underneath and put it back on the car .The captive nuts stayed put , so I was lucky . I'm going to leave it for a day before testing it for leaks . The rubber was in excellent condition Chris , so I should be ok for parts mate , thank you .

Rob