abv79

3.0vr6 running in..

@jim.. Halfords in a 1 minute drive from work. I will be going to my local stealers next week for some other bits so I can soon collect some :)

@Dox.. Would love to turbo it. Love the sound but don't really want wheel spin in every gear lol

I will phone see what they say. I know someone else who might want a conversion done to.

I already have two turbo cars so might keep this N/A..

Who knows I might sell this next year and start something else :)

@Dox are stealth still trading ?

I emailed them last week about a drive in drive out turbo kit but no reply ?

as Jim said give them a phone - they are often very busy

I saw n3p's storm (currently in the classifieds here) being turbo'd at stealth whilst my VR was in there having a head rebuild - the build they produce is superb & very well thought out. I belive his turned out around 400 horses

IIRC VAG-hag has recently had his storm turbo'd by them as well ;)

@-g0ldf1ng3r . Cheers for the info :).. Is that 400 ponies on race fuel?

I've been thinking of running some 101 in mine see if it would make any difference .. I only run mine on 97 bp or 99 v-power but can tell the difference between the two..

@-g0ldf1ng3r . Cheers for the info :).. Is that 400 ponies on race fuel?

I've been thinking of running some 101 in mine see if it would make any difference .. I only run mine on 97 bp or 99 v-power but can tell the difference between the two..

happy to help m8 :)

errr no I think it was just on v power

the for sale ad is here http://the-corrado.net/showthread.php?91537-Storm-Stealth-Turbo

& the build thread is here http://the-corrado.net/showthread.php?50526-Green-Storm-Turbo-GTI-International-Winner-(Corrado)!-p55&highlight=stealth+turbo

also - it made 423 horses

quite some beast indeed & I did seriously think if I could sell my valver & VR tp raise funds to buy it lol

Who machined the block for you? Kev Bacon has mentioned they need to be honed in a certain way to prevent oil usage.

Yeah I found using one of them flex-hone things seemed to increase oil consumption. The factory uses plateau honing (taking off the rough edges) so is already pre-run in of sorts, but any decent machine shop should be able to use the correct honing angles VW use and all should be golden.

Yeah I found using one of them flex-hone things seemed to increase oil consumption. The factory uses plateau honing (taking off the rough edges) so is already pre-run in of sorts, but any decent machine shop should be able to use the correct honing angles VW use and all should be golden.

Thanks, I think you mentioned it on Jims engine overhaul thread, its good to know most machine shops can cope with it

Been out in the car again this morning . Covered another 100 miles . It seems to be getting more responsive with every heat cycle