Sign in to follow this  
swfblade

A couple of small problems.....

Firstly, it looks like the rear bush at teh top of the shocks is going on at least one side. How much is it to replace, or is it just as easy to replace the whole rear shock? If so how much am I looking at there?

Secondly, my passenger exterior door handle has stopped working. When we had a look, a small peice of metal/plastic had snapped off. Wots the best way to sort that out?

Cheers in advance :wink:

well with the handle you will need to change it,either with a rear passat one or a new one from the stealers,not sure which bush you mean really

you will need to change it if you think its fooked,best change the both sides,they dont cost much and are relativy easy to to

[on suspension strut:]

Sounds like a top mount? Or do you mean the bump stop?

As for the door handles, unless you want to de-lock, get a new one from gpcvwaudi.com . 2nd hand ones will break before you've finished putting them in anyway, making it not really worth it..

its basically the rubber part that goes around the top of the strut. Its basically starting to split and fall apart, just like a bush does on say front wishbones.

thnx for url for handle dr_mat :wink:

Perhaps a picture would help?

The top mount for the rear shock comes in 2 bits. One goes between the spring plate (on the shock) and the body of the car, the other goes between the body and the stop plate (on the shock).

The picture shows the one that goes between the spring plate and the body.

It should look like the one on the right. If it looks like the one on the left it needed changing a long time ago...

i'll see if i can get a piccie in a bit. the bit im talking about does indeed look more like the one on the left :roll: