Sign in to follow this  
dinkus

dinkus' Aqua Blue VR6

Nice car you got there Dinkus...It doesnt actually look as high in real life as i thought it would...hopefully it will settle a bit more aswell..

did you get the pipe changed ok then?

couple more pics 8)

th_Dinkus-Knight.jpg th_Dinkus-Knight1.jpg th_Dinkus-Knight2.jpg th_Dinkus-Knight3.jpg th_Dinkus-Knight4.jpg

did you get the pipe changed ok then?

The clip next to the head was a pain to get off, the prongs to compress it were facing the wrong way and I ended up having to cut it in half with a dremmel and using a rather large pair of pliers to get it off. Everything went back on ok though and no leaks so far :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

His driving still worries me from time to time though :shock:

better delete the "wall" j-peg.....otherwise we'll have Dr-mat moaning about "proof" of how unreliable the C is :roll: :-P :wink: :wink: :wink:

I'm not that bad.. But now you come to mention it.. 100% of the Corrados in that picture do have their bonnets open... :-P

But anyway, you would complain too, if you'd had MY Corrado. :roll:

Heh heh yeah apologies for my dad's Zarfira, his new SLK makes up for it tho :D

jedi-knight83, your pics are way better than mine 8) A big thank you for turning up with that hose too, I would have been buggered without it. I still owe you a beer and some jubilee clips too.

On the reliability front I had a bit of a crap-my-pants moment earlier when the power steering died, the battery charge light came on and then the engine stalled... I re-started it (eventually) and it was still like it. Then when Scruffythefirst turned up to help sort, she fired up and was fine again :roll: I know the serp. belt is on it's way out tho, so it's the next thing on the replacment list.

The fuel pump is also whining like hell too, so I need to order one of them. I'll try changing the filtre first and carry the pump and some tools in the boot tho.

It's also a pig to start and was hunting around on idle earlier :( it's the first time it's done it and it hasn't done it since, but hopefully it's fuel pump related and fixing that will solve it.

Luckily the suspension seems to have bedded down a bit now and it's a dream to drive. I popped to Tesco to grab some bread earlier and came back over an hour later... :D

Edit: Oh bugger I forgot to take pictures of the seats... I will tomorrow I promise! ;)

Heh heh yeah apologies for my dad's Zarfira, his new SLK makes up for it tho :D

jedi-knight83, your pics are way better than mine 8) A big thank you for turning up with that hose too, I would have been buggered without it. I still owe you a beer and some jubilee clips too.

On the reliability front I had a bit of a crap-my-pants moment earlier when the power steering died, the battery charge light came on and then the engine stalled... I re-started it (eventually) and it was still like it. Then when Scruffythefirst turned up to help sort, she fired up and was fine again :roll: I know the serp. belt is on it's way out tho, so it's the next thing on the replacment list.

The fuel pump is also whining like hell too, so I need to order one of them. I'll try changing the filtre first and carry the pump and some tools in the boot tho.

It's also a pig to start and was hunting around on idle earlier :( it's the first time it's done it and it hasn't done it since, but hopefully it's fuel pump related and fixing that will solve it.

sounds like its yer fuel pump causing the stalling......mine did it very infrequently since i bought it 3 years ago and hasn't done it since getting a new fuel pump near on 12 months ago......also might be worth checking yer fuses and relays to see if they are securely held in place too........as for the idle and starting problems......could well be the temp sensor......about a tenner from VW and easy enough i would imagine for you to change........best get someone with VAG-COM to check it out too

I've already got a fuel filter and a blue coolant sensor, so I'm gonna fit them first and see what happens.

I think I'll also get a new fuel pump as well, becase once it's started making this much noise, it's only going to get worse :(

My list of things that need doing is getting shorter now though :) Unfortunately my list of 'things I would like' is getting longer...

On the reliability front I had a bit of a crap-my-pants moment earlier when the power steering died, the battery charge light came on and then the engine stalled... I re-started it (eventually) and it was still like it. Then when Scruffythefirst turned up to help sort, she fired up and was fine again Rolling Eyes I know the serp. belt is on it's way out tho, so it's the next thing on the replacment list.

Well you know what I think happened :D :roll:

jedi-knight83, your pics are way better than mine A big thank you for turning up with that hose too, I would have been buggered without it. I still owe you a beer and some jubilee clips too.

its amazing what a GCSE course in photography can teach you about nice angles and what not...oh and having a nice cam always helps... trouble with compact digi cams (like yours) is the lens is never wide enough :roll:

No worry about the hose and clips... glad its all sorted now though!

Thanks dude :) I think the buttons probably aren't that hard to swap over, but you need to find some... there is a thread going at the moment where people are talking about doing it.

My Recaros aren't heated at all, but they are electric, but most people over here seem to have gone for the leather if they had Recaros. I know that when I was over at the CCC meet there were quite a few more cloth options on the C's there. IIRC There was only 1 that had black cloth tho.

Do you have a link to this thread? I think the harder part of the swap would be getting the plain fan controls, without the holes for the buttons above the cig-lighter.

One of my friends, part of my club CCNYC, he has a 95 Canadian that he imported to the US. Hes got the black cloth recaros. I have SRDs in my car, and i got so used to them, that I found the cloth Recaros lacking in thigh support :lol:

its amazing what a GCSE course in photography can teach you about nice angles and what not...oh and having a nice cam always helps... trouble with compact digi cams (like yours) is the lens is never wide enough :roll:

No worry about the hose and clips... glad its all sorted now though!

Yeah your camera is rather tasty. Mine's nice and small but the lens on it is utter crud. Good for photos down the pub tho :D

Thanks dude :) I think the buttons probably aren't that hard to swap over, but you need to find some... there is a thread going at the moment where people are talking about doing it.

Do you have a link to this thread? I think the harder part of the swap would be getting the plain fan controls, without the holes for the buttons above the cig-lighter.

One of my friends, part of my club CCNYC, he has a 95 Canadian that he imported to the US. Hes got the black cloth recaros. I have SRDs in my car, and i got so used to them, that I found the cloth Recaros lacking in thigh support :lol:

http://the-corrado.net/.archive/forum/viewtopic. ... 4&start=40

And yeah the Recaro's have smaller bolsters, but they're definitely more comfortable 8)

Holy Moly..... look at the size of that wiper blade!! You could wipe an Elephant's arse with that!

It still doesn't wipe to the top of the screen... ;)

Nice axle by the way.....lucky bar steward!

Heh heh yeah it's nice, not too keen on the rusty bolts holding it in place tho :?

Mr Dinkus.....you can sleep soundly now because the 33k Storm currently under going some Audio surgery at Audioscape (my second home) has the same ride height as your Massey Ferguson Combine Harvester. I even took a pic with the mobile but lack the relevant transfer software unfortunately!

Mr Dinkus.....you can sleep soundly now because the 33k Storm currently under going some Audio surgery at Audioscape (my second home) has the same ride height as your Massey Ferguson Combine Harvester. I even took a pic with the mobile but lack the relevant transfer software unfortunately!

Yeah I now know that it is unfortunately the right ride height, but until I can afford to do a decent lowering setup all round, that's how it's gonna stay for now.

I need to get the crappy starting sorted out next as it's gonna kill the starter motor if I don't. Then I think wishbones and ball-joints depending on how much the starting problem costs to fix.

I'm hoping it's just dirty injectors (and judging by the state of the fuel filter, it would make sense). So hopefully some decent quality injector cleaner should sort it out. If not then it's gonna have to be an injector rebuild. Mind you, I think you said it was only £15 each at Bosch? Not a bad price, but it means I've got to have something else to drive in the mean time...