Wendy

Wanted Head Lining

Hi all,

My car is currently in the bodyshop for respray.

I am now needing an Interior Headlining - in excellent condition. Mine is rather stretched and dirty (yes- from smoking for a few years in the car!!)

Also the thick plastic sills that sit on the threshold, I would like both sides, but Drivers side is broken so that especially.

Alternatively does anyone know where I might get these or SS replacements perhaps.

I am needing both parts within 3 weeks.

Thanks for any help

Wendy

Maybe try Dan at Devon Dub Shack, I know he had a few head liners last time I was there, be sure to mention that I sent you and if you use the code UKULELE he'll give you some discount.

Rog.

Thanks for the suggestions guys.

I need a new headlining it is all saggy. It started doing this before it went in and really is not of the best.

I have owned the car 14 years and smoked in it for 9 of those !! I know !!! lol

Thanks Roger, i will try Dan - fingers crossed !

Fuzz - have you any photo's. By email please !!!

hmmm the dreaded headlining!!!! i think you will really struggle to find an original headlining (second hand anyway) that's decent enough to put on as a replacement for yours, and as we all know that once you start fixing or replacing one thing on a 20yr plus car you very often end up creating more work, i removed my headlining as i was fed up of feeling like i was driving around with a parachute attached to me and now the time has come to replace it as im getting her ready to sell, ive found a little gem near where i live, a guy that has specialized in classic car trimming for 40 yrs (the 1950's rolls that he had just finished looked mint!!) and he is going to replace my headlining (standard original colour) supply and fit for £150 hence she is booked in for 2 weeks time!! i suppose that if i wasnt replacing it in order to make her look as mint as i can then i might be brave enough to have a go myself (maybe) :scratch:

anyway wendy good luck i hope you find a gem like i did

Chaps hi,

Thanks for the responses.

Dilemma time - do I opt for the 2nd hand ones on offers (will they look any good refitted) or just bite the bulllet at £120 - £150 ?

Others views and why would be appreciated.

Also if anyone has photos of stainless steel threshold trims fitted on their car, could i have some photo's please.

Cheers

Wendy

I bought the material and glue from AS trim and did it myself, cost about £50ish. I'd never trimmed anything before, just watched a couple of youtube videos and went for it. The roll of head lining i bought was enough to do about 3-4 head linings i reckon, so worth measuring first.

20150308_163616.jpg

20150815_143913.jpg

20150815_143927.jpg

Chaps hi,

Thanks for the responses.

Dilemma time - do I opt for the 2nd hand ones on offers (will they look any good refitted) or just bite the bulllet at £120 - £150 ?

Others views and why would be appreciated.

Also if anyone has photos of stainless steel threshold trims fitted on their car, could i have some photo's please.

Cheers

Wendy

Honestly, I'd get one covered. You can choose the colour, texture and so on.

How's it coming on btw? ;)

Few cans last night bud?

Going back to my random spelling. Fat fingers and cant be bothered to go back and change!

That covering looks great Jim . I also suffer from large finger syndrome Chris ! . That or I'm getting old and forget how to spell .

Southwest Trimmers - Just how helpful were they? Not open on a Saturday, but arranged to meet me. What excellent service. Having them re-trim it though, after my Bodyshop man saying he does not do them as he does not like the finish compared to the preoffesional refitters !!

Thanks guys for the advice.