Cressa

VR front brake shield

Be nice if we could find someone to pattern part these. Perhaps vw heritage is the way.. Something needs to be done

Hi Cressa, are you still searching for the front brake shield ? I've just started stripping down my classic green vr6 and both my front shields are heavily corroded and need replacing.

I'm still searching..... VW heritage are also looking into this. I've got another vw part number I want to order and see if it's a close fit. But for now I'm having no joy with anyone....

It's really annoying I know ! I previously purchased 191-615-311 A from VW Heritage but they are not the genuine article as you know. Apart from that has is your restoration going ?

Slow!!! I get carried away taking rusty old bits of the car. One day hopefully it may be sorted. Although it Is satisfying when something finally works.How's yours?

Perseverance is the key and you're clearly enjoying the journey frustrating it is at times ! I still have a fair bit to do on mine as well, mainly underbody stuff , new driveshafts, shocks, calipers, clutch, refurb alloys, patch near side panel rot, new paint job, I could go on............it's not that bad really I'm just being very fussy !! I've had mine for 4 years and a genuine 90k on the clock. It's a fab, fun car to drive. I see the prices on these are really creeping up also .

Alternative part, does anyone know whether 1J0615311A and1J0615312A would fit the vr6? They look very similar to the 3A0 numbered part. What do people think? I may just have to bite the bullet and buy a set to see if they will fit. Getting desperate as I'm ready to put my suspension back on...

They do look similar but I'm unsure if they would be the right fit ? Personally I have resorted to refurbishing my old brake shields

Mine were beyond any sort of refurb unfortunately. So the search continues. I'm still waiting for vw heritage to let me know what they can do, unless someone on here has some spares. Aghhh

Slow. The usual corrado take one thing off and find you need to replace another two! !! I still haven't found any suppliers that can make the vr6 front brake shields. Vw heritage said they would be in touch, but that was months ago. Slowly its getting there and whilst the wings and bonnet etc are away at a no rush painters. ... I'm working my way through all the issues. Biggest result is having a working sunroof, heater system refurb with 'working' controls, the abs light having gone off now and being able to ensure the dashboard and switches have every clip and fixing sorted. Small pleasures.

How's yours?

Sorry to hear your still struggling to get the front brake shields - bummer ! I needed a little break so bought myself a cheap little project car that the wife can use and so can I on the track so I got an MG TF which I am updating sympathetically ! It will be done by the end of the month then February back to the Corrado, next project there to refurb and rebuild the knuckles, also refurb of my brake shields - All good fun.

I just managed to find a pair of refurbed ones from Poland.

Not cheap and I don't even know if I need them as my cars still in the garage so can't even look.

If I don't need them I will put them up for sale.

A1F58FA8-D71A-4017-8079-A7E40423555B_zpsuypcusxq.png

Are these not symmetrical? Ie, fit both sides by just flipping them over?

Heritage lists them for both sides, with the same part number as VAGCAT/Partsbase lists them for just the VR6 left side. :scratch:

They do have different part numbers ?

If I don't need them I will sell them for the same as I've paid plus the correct postage.

I only bought them to help others if needed but going to double check mine first just in case, when I get my car back.