Guest petercabrio

Sunroof opens but won't close

Guest petercabrio

As it says, the sunroof has opened and now won't close

I am guessing switch or fuse

Any ideas?

Try gently closing it with the alan key slot in the motor, you just have to remove the interior light to get to it,

If it closes ok you will know if it is a motor or electrical fault.

If it has got stuck sliding open as opposed to tilting open it could be the little metal hook guide bracket thing has broken on one side. This is what is wrong with my sunroof, a common fault. You should be able to get it closed by pulling/wiggling the sunroof closed gently whilst operating the sunroof switch. Once I got mine closed I pulled the plug out of the back on the sunroof switch so I wouldn't get it jammed open again.

Be very careful when trying to close it! Watch the exterior panel doesn't rise as its being slid forward, or else you'll scratch it all as it raises up when the mechanism is broken!

Guest petercabrio

Mechanism is fine, retracted it and it works fine with the handle

The second time it opened but not closed, reset with handle, now it won't moved at all,but a relay is clicking in the motor

I'd be considering the motor now. Either it's had enough, or it's out of synch with it position and the mechanism. I purchased a2nd hand one and it just clicks(i was ripped off)Fitted a mk3 golf ones to mine as it's the later rectangular plug type, and all works fine. Good luck

Got one of those going motors in my garage if anyone's interested. Also have the one touch switch and surround with sunshade.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]82662[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]82663[/ATTACH]

I've got that motor on an original corrado mechanism. Works fine. And for that price a bargain as I was ripped off for a faulty unit and now the seller ignores my texts w****r.

Guest petercabrio

New motor arrived, thanks MZpog. Tried mine one last time before removing motor, re connected switch, worked fine?!!??

Oh well, fitted New seal and away we go

New motor arrived, thanks MZpog. Tried mine one last time before removing motor, re connected switch, worked fine?!!??

Oh well, fitted New seal and away we go

Glad it arrived safely.