robrado974

Sound deadening , whats everyone using when not oem ?

As title chaps . Ive removed my carpets and deadening as its had it . Ive bought the delux underlay for the footwells front and rear . But ive noticed the bits that fit next to the hump and under the pedals and round the back under the heater motor ect have also had it ,they have soaked up the water from a leak . . I ve looked at Heritage and there are a few types , but none are like the original set . Has anybody made their own ? or used something else . Some of the items are not cheap either . Any advice would be great .

Rob

Thanks Jim and Dox . I believe the oem stuff is no longer available . So I will have to find something to bulk up the gap . The new stuff is just a pad , so I suppose you fit this and glue some decent underlay to it ? . Other wise the carpet will have a void and not fit correctly .

What you need is some closed cell foam to decouple the noise source and then some open cell foam to absorb any airborne noise. Then a barrier to block any noise transmission. I would keep the black heavy sheets but just remove all the old manky foam. Use this on top of any insulation you use. Its also useful for tracing the correct profile of insulation.