robrado974

Im sure im not the only one .

Like most of you i collect parts as and when im doing a project on the car . We also pick up parts that will be useful in the future. But does anyone else store them away and forget you had them ??!! , then double up on the order? I was getting some parts together tonight for my projects I've got on at the moment. Oh i have four sets of wheel bearings , two of this, two of that . Ive got boxes that are sealed that i didnt write on and had no idea what was in them . I have just bought a heated seat loom from Vaghag , what do i find in a box in the wardrobe , yep a heated seat loom , compleat with relays . Obviously this isnt a rant ,more of a jokey thing really. But i must learn to write on boxes , what they contain . No wonder my car costs a fortune to maintain lol.

Yeah i found that a lot when doing mine.

Especially with brackets. I had bought spares and refurbished them and then wrapped things up and put them away. Then dismantling the car i was refurbishing the parts that came off. Then at the end found all the other parts :lol:

Seem to have a few coilpacks, isvs, alternators etc lost track of what is good or not.

Yup, recently happened to me: Ordered a new valve cover gasket, fitted it, then 2 days later whilst searching for something else in my garage came across a brandnew valve cover gasket!

At that point I decided I need to start some sort of searchable catalogue for all the stuff I have hoarded, but looking at the sheer volume of stuff in my garage decided against it :lol:

Tempest

I also put parts in different places . Tonight I will be looking for the long bolts that go through the rear beam , I know I bought them , but where are they , in the shed , under the spare bed , in the wardrobe , in the eves , who knows ! .

SR Neal , I will see if the one I'm connecting up ATM works first . I don't want to sell the spare and relays , to find there's something wrong with the one I have . It's tempting fate .

Rob

it's not just car parts, I have a garage full of stuff and can never find anything, plumbing bits, cans of paint, even power tools.

The worst thing is going to somewhere you kept something for ages only to remember you moved it one day when 'tidying up' and can't remember where it was put, I found a 'missing' bag of cement the other day!

Guilty.

Sometimes my girlfriend picks up the parts I've left here and there and puts them in boxes with labels.

I now have many boxes labelled "car parts".