Darren Brimble

Leon cupra r 225 brakes

Hi can anyone tell me if leon cupra r 225 front and rear brakes can be fitted to our 95 storm and what if any modifications would need to be done and any additional parts we my need? Thanks

The fronts should be 312mm diameter and are a common upgrade for the Corrado - see the wiki at the bottom of the front page, basically you need the 312mm set up, the correct flexi hoses (Goodridge) and some 6mm thick spacers.

The rears are 256mm vented and owners have fitted them, but its more involved, Purple Tom explains the various options in his build thread.

I believe that you will need to be running at least 16" wheels to get them over a 312mm disk... Maybe even 17".

Have heard the 288mm disks off the late Golf VR6/GTi will fit under standard 15" wheels.

Hi I have checked and they are 323mm would I need to fit 17" wheels to get them on?

yep you will require 17" wheels with the Seat Brembo set up, or the 312mm set up

I have 16" mini comp Audi Mk1 tt wheels and they clear 312mm brakes.....courtesy of Purple Tom

I think the clearance issue with 312s and 16s are when the wheels have a bit of dish to them, flat faced 16 inch Montreal 1s and 2s fit over 312s too

Hi I have checked and they are 323mm would I need to fit 17" wheels to get them on?

Some 17s will fit over 323s and brembos without spacers. Motorsport wheels are best, for example oz super t ;)

I have some spare 323mm discs if you want them? Only done a few k miles.

I have a pair of Brembos with the 323 discs. I had them reconed and powder coated, had braided hoses made, sprayed the discs so they won't rust then found they wouldn't fit under my 17's, errrg, so now the choice is new wheels or sell the brakes, hmmm, choices, choices.

Aha, what? If I sell the Brembos I have some wheels (that don't require the clearance) in mind also, maybe the same one's, spooky

Oh I'm keeping my brakes, love them.... So my new wheels have to suit them :D

what are you after mate ?

I have that set up 323mm /Brembos from a cupra I have 17 in rx2 split rims with a 15mm spacer, I don't really like the set up as it limits the wheel choice too much