BarberG60

how to swap vr6 looms.

This is a pretty stupid question, but here goes

I need to remove the engine bay loom from my VR6, and fit a new one (same type of loom). Is there anything I need to know or is it fairly straightforward?

Any tips would be appreciated

Cheers

I would take pics and label everything as you unplug it . If the connecting end has the same label to its opposite plug , you can't go wrong . If it's not a new loom rap it in emalgamating tape as your connecting each plug .

Edited by robrado974

Just bear in mind you'll need to remove the upper inlet manifold too to get to the injector rail if that is part of the loom you'll be replacing. Pretty sure the main multi-pin plug is reverse thread as well - if someone could confirm?

Make sure it is exactly the same not just any old vr6 because different ages and obd1/2 are different, don't mean to teach you how to suck eggs if you know this already.

Master cylinder is a git to remove, takes some wiggling and a bit of swearing, make sure you have cloths spare incase you pull clutch cylinder pipe out.

Can't think of anything else, just go easy and don't rush, I've done it countless times, worst bit is master cylinder