Sign in to follow this  
Jim

BP Ultimate...

You get 500 miles to a tank? - If you use Texaco diesel you can get 600 :wink: - at least I do and I dont hang about....

I have no idea about yours but my diesel is mechanical fuel injection not HDi therefore no ECU.

Scott

i use BP diesel in the tdi defo the best the super diesel they do is even better but cost more, still get about 550 miles to a tank :wink:

I now there´s a lot of controversy about this... :roll:

But here in Portugal from now on BP declares on their website that Ultimate fuel is 100 RON and there is the "100" logo in the fuel gun.

In the FAQ...

"...Question: Which it is the difference in comparison with the BP Super Plus Unleaded 98? Answer: BP Ultimate Gasoline 100 is formulated with even a higher index of octano, better cleaning power and lower sulfur content, by what offers significant benefits regarding our product BP Superplus, even independently to have been a big product..."

Well... i am convinced now... :o

But they won´t have me as their custumer!

It is the most expensive petrol around here! :shock:

I much prefer the regular 98 RON or even the Shell V-Power with 95 RON... :wink:

I had noticed that too from my German Motorclub mag, that Aral (as BP own Aral in Germany) have started selling Ultimate, again 100 octane, confusing, given that we still only get 97 octane Ultimate. It's marginally cheaper than V-Power in Germany, and is to replace their 98 octane Super Unleaded.

the Shell V-Power with 95 RON

I thought that V-Power generally was 100 octane :?:

Almost seems that every country in the EU is redefining the RON standard :roll:

Tempest

Picked up a *good* tank of Optimax tonight and the engine has been creamy smooth ever since :lol:

I don't mind swapping between the two, I just use which ever is nearest at the time as both are plentiful where I live.

Been trying BPU & Optimax for the past month and I'd say Optimax is the better of the two, providing you get a good tank of it. Pulls harder in the VGI range too.

I can't believe it's all in the mind or the differences in ambient temp etc as I notice the changes immediately.