bubba70

Hello from new member and VR6 Owner

Hello all.

I'm new here.

I have the chance to acquire and keep my Father's VR6 Storm LTD Edition. I am an air-cooled VW owner and so don't know much about his Corrado. (except that its a lovely green one - leather heated seats, sunroof. i year mOT and only VERY low mileage).

Is it worth hanging on to this car ? Or should I sell it on ?

Thoughts please anyone ?

Regards

I'm new to Corrados from mk1 Golfs but I wouldn't keep s car to try and make money from in the future unless it was going to rocket.

Keep it if you fancy using it as a wee summer toy and then get your money back when you sell it or just sell it now and use the cash on whatever's needed.

My last 2 mk1's were going up in value year on year but you can't keep everything :thumbleft:

Agreed with above. Maybe try it out before considering selling? They do have a habit of hooking you in, and this time of year isn't the best time to be selling anyway.

Also what you seem to have is a Classic Green Storm. Only 500 Storms made, and 250 officially in Classic Green, with 10 of those being automatics. When I say officially, I say it as the other 250 were in Mystic Blue, which was a specific colour to the Storm. Classic green was unfortunately available as an optional colour, as was the Beige leather interior so there were cases of badging to make them more desireable, even from the dealers! Its not easy to ascertain if it is a true Storm either based on my own efforts. Still a desireable motor imo don't get me wrong, but not worth much more than any other vr6 which has similar (or even higher) spec.

Good luck with whatever you choose to do with it though mate.

Edited by seanl82

Agreed with above. Maybe try it out before considering selling? They do have a habit of hooking you in, and this time of year isn't the best time to be selling anyway.

many thanks for the replies.

What could you say it might be worth ? Ballpark ? It's git loads of history as he has owned it most it's life, and under 70,000 genuine miles on it.

many thanks for the replies.

What could you say it might be worth ? Ballpark ? It's git loads of history as he has owned it most it's life, and under 70,000 genuine miles on it.

Good condition no rust, good body work, serviced, with perished items changed good interior. All history, Round about 6k if it's a genuine storm not a green corrado with cream interior.

Edited by delfinis38

To me it's all about condition and history.

Pitching it at the correct price is essential as there are way too many dreamers in the classic car game.

Check out what else is on the market and it is a bad time of year too sell.

I would not pay any extra for a Storm over a non Storm, as I have said already it's about condition and history.

I sold 2 cracking mk1 Golfs this year and both were sold within 12hrs because I pitched them perfectly and I prob could have got more but I would have waited til the right buyer popped up which could have been months.

Sell it , I will give you £1500. No honestly as the chaps have said , they have a habit of getting you hooked . A nice low mileage car is a nice way to start too .

Don't be lazy with the advert if you sell either. Put as much information in it as possible, a good advert can add a good deal more to the sale price, as well as hugely reduce the amount of time its sold.

Green VR6 Storm, low miles, good history, genuine reason for sale, call for more info. - won't cut it amongst enthusiasts.

Don't be lazy with the advert if you sell either. Put as much information in it as possible, a good advert can add a good deal more to the sale price, as well as hugely reduce the amount of time its sold.

Green VR6 Storm, low miles, good history, genuine reason for sale, call for more info. - won't cut it amongst enthusiasts.

== sound advice, as ever, Sean