GUS

VR6 Timing Chains/Tensioner replacement quote (Feedback Appreciated)

Thanks for the tips guys, Gonna leave it for now, will try it in the morning.

Time for a stiff drink..

Havent just popped a pip off? Exactly this happened to me when i first got the head done and cams SS manifold etc, sudden increase in power and increase in throttle enthusiasm lead to one of my coolant pipes splitting of, a hell load of steam and lost all my coolant, get her jacked up and get a torch on it have a good old look about check a pipe hasnt split or popped off.

Check the underside of the coolant hoses, i had the one from engine to bulk head split underneath and dump the coolant on the exhaust.

Cool! Got break down recovery on their way.

There has definitely been some "increase in throttle enthusiasm" in the last 48hrs.

Either way its going back to Stealth today, now I'm thinking should I also get the auxiliary water pump changed if its still the original, just as a precautionary measure.

Vince did check all the hoses and said they were OK and that was after going on the rollers, and a road test.

Previous owners had already changed the coolant pipe, radiator, main water pump but no indication of the aux water pump being replaced.

Also just so I can enjoy the car over the next couple of months without any more major hiccups, what's people thoughts on the Heater Matrix bypass idea.

The car is only used in the summer months so don't use the heater, is this also a good precautionary measure.

Suppose can also convert back if I was to sell the car.

Vince did check all the hoses and said they were OK and that was after going on the rollers, and a road test.

Previous owners had already changed the coolant pipe, radiator, main water pump but no indication of the aux water pump being replaced.

Also just so I can enjoy the car over the next couple of months without any more major hiccups, what's people thoughts on the Heater Matrix bypass idea.

The car is only used in the summer months so don't use the heater, is this also a good precautionary measure.

Suppose can also convert back if I was to sell the car.

I would just worry about the heater matrix if it actually fails. Until then just drive / enjoy the car :) (well, after you get it fixed again).

However I've said it before, the job whilst daunting initially, isn't actually that bad. I'm not exactly the best with the spanners, but even I managed to swap it out all by myself over a few evenings, without any real drama. It's time consuming but quite straightforward.

You'd know if your heater matrix failed. Aside from a sizeable puddle in the footwell, your windscreen would steam up instantly so you'd certainly know in the first instance!

Panic over, turned out to be a split hose, not sure which one, find out more tomorrow.

Will look to replace all the hoses with one of those Roose kits at some point.

Panic over, turned out to be a split hose, not sure which one, find out more tomorrow.

KNEW IT!

Glad to hear it!!!

I have an assortment of spare VR6 hoses, having just had a Roose kit fitted to mine. Let me know which one you need as you're pretty local to me?

Thanks Jim,

Also did you use the clips provided by Roose or the ones from the OE hoses.

Went with the Roose clips as well. All of my spring clips were looking rather scabby and tired so thought it was a good opportunity to upgrade them all too.

Jubilees, I don't think they make their own either, probably a jcs item.

I never got on with the jubliee clips, swapped them all for spring type clamps

Superba. I'll take the clips out of me Roose basket then :lol:

Is there some kind of spring clip kit somewhere then? Sorry to hijack the thread.