sexybourbon

Obd2 scanners

As Above please , wich obd2 scanners are you using ? Iv had a look on ebay but there is so many i font know wich one to pick !!

There is one from elm wich looks ok but there are several

Iv got a few lights on id like to clear of the daily volvo , one is the check engine light and im off to look at a breaker and would like to see if i can reset the srs airbag light to see what is wrong with it

I font want to spend over 15 to 20 quid and its got to work with iphone and ideally the torque app

Any info would be great and i already know they arent perfect or snap on but id like one anyway

Cheers

I've got an elm Bluetooth one you can try if you want? It's OK, not amazing.

I use it with the torque app and can reset codes

Do you have a link mate to the exact one ? Im going to buy one anyway mate for the future but i want a blue tooth one as there mostly wifi now and i dont have a wifi dongle

Thanks for the offer though if i do get stuck ill give you a shout

A model number and what not would be exellent bud

Just a word of advice, double check which one works with your car. I've got an ELM 327 which only works on the various fords I've worked on, it doesn't work on the Corrado (which is only OBD1 anyway so wouldn't regardless) nor my legacy engined beetle, the VW 409.1 cable however works on the Corrado and the Subaru ECU.

I bought a cheap ELM bluetooth one and although it connects to my phone and can be seen over bluetooth it doesn't communicate, that's both using Torque and Dashboard etc.

Cheers all , i think the new ones are wifi enabled dave not bluetooth ! Wich i wouldnt want

Cheers for your suggestions im gonna order one today