Sign in to follow this  
g60bv

well.. i done it now, watcha think..?

i do go through funny spells, woke up, smashed the rear number plate thing off, .

had a plate made up and welded it over the rear, smoothed it all in, went to the breakers, found a yaris( i think) cut the bumper section out, and plastic welded it in place, all in all, too week ends worth, and i'm well glad it over and done.(well kind of, still need a bit of filler here and there, and oviously a respray) the new number plate lights up, and the old number plate lights are now red and come on with the brakes.,,

so what do you think .? please be kind, i've cut my hands up and my back hurts.. wouldn't do it again,..

Although I think you've made a good effort with the bumper 8) the modified number plate area on the hatch doesn't look right. I think there should be a line at the top where you've smoothed it off. It just doesn't flow right with the rear lights.

You asked........that's my opinion :)

:( i've done it now, suppose i've got a felt tip pen. :D

this is what made me do it, his is smooth and looks lovely.(i think so) maybe it doesn't suit the white,.? :roll:

OMG very very very very very very nice....... did i mention it very nice indeed... can you do mine :mrgreen: :wink: :lol:

i can't wait till i see her @ no rice..... YEY :mrgreen:

cheers chris, the exhaust,.. it's a miss match, mostly ss jetex, i welded on the tail., 4 1/2'' jap style. looks too big from the rear, but looks good from the side, on the blue car, the spoiler is carbon, 8) well sweet me thinks

Is the spoiler Black?

Yep, Carbon fibre. Apart from a section of wonky fibres, it looks superb in the flesh. Shame the blue respray didn't extend to under the bonnet and behind the doors though, where it's still red.

i like it but i am glad its on someone else's car if you know what i meen, and that isn't meant in a bad way but i prefer the standard corrado lines. you have done a good job.

It looks naked to my eyes... something missing if you know what I mean... It may look different once the number plate is in place... nicely done though... 8)

Looking sweeeet mate, good work - must have a chat with you about some basic plans I have for mine at n/r next week :wink:

Must admit, I'd be tempted to put the numberplate back where it came from and just leave the bumper recess as an interesting "detail". It suits the bumper, nice a subtle too.

Either that, or wire the old rear number plate lights into the brake lights and fit a high-level brake light where the number plate lights used to be :)

Good job on the bumper anyhow...looks cool :)

Ian, ....think you should spend the next two weeks changing it back.......lol :wink:

Only kidding mate, think is looks good, do agree with a couple of comments above that there s/be a line though.......

Think the bumper looks great, tow eye poking out looks fine, would not smooth that part imo :-P

i purposly left the towing eye in, to not give it the OTT look.? and the swag lines. i have hooked up the old number plate lights to the brakes,, just need some brighter bulbs.! but it's really for show at night time, than actually a visable 3rd brake . you can get a blanking plate which fits in , instead of the black number holder thing, these are only £50, and would have given the desired line and smooth look, but would have taken 30sec to fit and anyone can do this, this i feel is more personal, i think once a desent respay(signal white? or posible a nissan pearl white?) A3 handles and a FEW other subtle changes, hopfully more will like it, .... if it were in pearl mulberry purple thou..?