Jim

Practical Classics Restoration Show 2016 - March 5th & 6th

Folks..

The Corrado Club have been granted a 6 car club stand at this event:

http://www.necrestorationshow.com/

It's a nice little show occupying a few halls of the NEC, with a wide variety of cars and trade stands selling all sorts of tools and supplies for car restoration as the name suggests.

We've got 3 spaces left and would love to be able to fill the stand with Corrado's. We'll have the club gazebo, we'll have some merchandise, etc so it would be fantastic to be able to fill the space with some cars too.

Only caveat is that the car needs to be dropped off in the halls on Friday and can't be moved again until Sunday evening when the show closes, but if you don't need the car during that time it will be kept an eye on at all times by several of us who will be there and manning the club stand all weekend. The NEC is connected by a quick trip up the line to Birmingham New Street station so getting to and from it is very easy.

If you're a member of the club and want to stick your name down, the event to register against is here:

http://www.corradoclubgb.co.uk/ccgb16/index.php?option=com_illbethere&controller=events&task=view&id=122&Itemid=202

Cheers.

Bump. This is in a couple of weekends time. We're desperate for a couple of cars for the club stand. This is a great little show - surely someone must be interested?

I would love to have my car there . But it's not complete and won't be for a while . Come on chaps , must be some locals up there , that would like their cars on show .

Bump. This is in a couple of weekends time. We're desperate for a couple of cars for the club stand. This is a great little show - surely someone must be interested?

Hi Jim

Couple of questions if I may pls (I did check the link but couldn't see the info)

Is CCGB membership required?

what are the ticket costs?

What time do the cars need to be dropped off by on the Friday?

does it matter what 'state' the car is in? my VR is a nice example but the paint is micro blistering :(

At this point I'm sure we'd happily waive the CCGB requirement just to fill the stand. We currently need two cars, possibly three!

Tickets will be provided to you free of charge for the entire duration of the show - so a setup / teardown ticket for the Friday, and show tickets for Saturday and Sunday.

For drop off, ideally in the morning on Friday as the halls fill up with other exhibitors making getting the cars in and out difficult!

State doesn't matter too much - I mean it is a car show with paying punters, but if it's of a reasonable overall standard, then that'd be great :)

The good thing about it being indoors is you can pretty much wash and detail the car in the hall as needed - so it's a great chance to give the car a damn good polish and wax ready for spring!

At this point I'm sure we'd happily waive the CCGB requirement just to fill the stand. We currently need two cars, possibly three!

Tickets will be provided to you free of charge for the entire duration of the show - so a setup / teardown ticket for the Friday, and show tickets for Saturday and Sunday.

For drop off, ideally in the morning on Friday as the halls fill up with other exhibitors making getting the cars in and out difficult!

State doesn't matter too much - I mean it is a car show with paying punters, but if it's of a reasonable overall standard, then that'd be great :)

The good thing about it being indoors is you can pretty much wash and detail the car in the hall as needed - so it's a great chance to give the car a damn good polish and wax ready for spring!

ok jim thanks

I only live a few miles down the road & work in Shirley, so as stones throw from the NEC

if I put the bonnet up on the VR it looks fantastic ;) lol the blue magnatec leads going on next week will compliment the roose hoses aesthetically

I will have a chat with the gf & let you know asap

oh balls!

I knew the 4th march was jangling in my brain for some reason - the VR has its mot due that day but it goes to mechanic on the 3rd

It might be a close cut thing but I will see if I can jiggle it

Drat! Well I guess we can only hope it sails through the MOT and arrives on the Friday with a fresh ticket :)

Bump for anyone else interested.

Really enjoyed it, great club stand guys. Got me a nice t shirt to boot.

Really enjoyed it, great club stand guys. Got me a nice t shirt to boot.

Any pictures... Just for those that had to suffer the caravan and camping show the week before at the nec.

Only just saw this and would have put mine forward for your stand... The pictures I have seen online look good, will be going along next year for sure :)

8241ec2afda3361dd8b6c8e3a204786b.jpg

85be7bb4379c29b248c42be33248e701.jpg

93ccea5df336b79f82cc62d18af3292c.jpg

38d0f707db50eddbda6d8f128c1a40b1.jpg

5112253b315a4db1e5839a8eb34727ff.jpg

90cf74b9f6ba6428b704f4a613bc0e4d.jpg

ed049dcf2acb5f37f370de467ff0e5c7.jpg

20b2c64d87a127a110ba167ff1c76a5b.jpg

ea10c52e245ea2fd50a17ad79612d3b0.jpg

cd4c6b8868db6ddc58a610367bcb8a21.jpg

fbb950c94e034bd00721696d4e1d4e09.jpg

1448ff9811aafed42210d469b89089ff.jpg

247c330baa6587523cd4c411d6f4193f.jpg

Thanks dox.. Any corrados

3 on the stand and one red 16v for £9K.......

£85k for the Ford Sierra Cosworth RS500?!!

It's currently for sale in Pistoheads for £60k!