tonedef

Left Side Scraper/Slot Seal

Looking for a left side outer window scraper seal in readiness for the car coming out of the paint shop next week, anybody have one laying around???

Edited by tonedef

I'm in the same boat its no longer available I'm not sure if you can get it on the German website(classic parts vw)

I'm keen if someone could point me in the right direction too.

I'm in the same boat its no longer available I'm not sure if you can get it on the German website(classic parts vw)

I'm keen if someone could point me in the right direction too.

It was available on classic parts before Christmas

It was available on classic parts before Christmas

Listed as discontinued on VW Heritage and Classic Parts.de, I thought I had found one in the States but that seems to be a blind alley.

There must be some kicking about that people will never use???

I have a used one that came off my car before I put the new ones on when I had it resprayed. Its a little bowed but its consistent, so no sharp bends where the metal has distorted. Pretty confident it would seat nicely and I can get pics if anyone is interested?

I have heard that the new bettle scrapers are very close to rado ones. Might be an option.

I like the sound of that option, any idea if that was the first or second new beetle?

I have a used one that came off my car before I put the new ones on when I had it resprayed. Its a little bowed but its consistent, so no sharp bends where the metal has distorted. Pretty confident it would seat nicely and I can get pics if anyone is interested?

I have my old ones but as I'd bought all new door/boot seals I was trying to get new if possible......thanks

Sean,

Sent you a PM.

I've got brand new ones fitted . Now I cannot see how you can go wrong with the fitting , yet my drivers side sticks out a bit at the door handle end . It fits where it's supposed to go , you can't do anything with it but leave it . Annoying as its a brand new part .

Edit these were Corrado parts not beetle .

Mine is exactly the same Rob! I cut a tiny bit out of the passenger side after I'd fitted the drivers side and that happened, so at least one sits flush. I dare not try to do the same with the other though in case I bend it when trying to remove it!

Same as Sean . They are so flimsy, expensive , rare , hard to get hold of , that you don't want to mess with it ! .

I might have a pair left over, later on i'll pop down and see, if they are still there i'll get you a couple of photos.

Hi Guys, Anybody still got one of these for sale.

My car is in the bodyshop and need one asap.

Thanks

Hi Guys, Anybody still got one of these for sale.

My car is in the bodyshop and need one asap.

Thanks

I ended up buying a door off a breaker, not yet been brave enough to try removing the seal from it though!