seanl82

Stanford Hall 2016

Anyone going? There seems to be very few registrations for all events on CCGB, so not sure who's attending on either the clubstand or just going anyway. I'd like to go to either this or Elsecar at the races (can't do both), but can't decide which. I think that Elsecar is more for the modified crowd, and this is more centered around the Concours?

Recommendations from those who have been to both in the past welcome!

Stanford is usually a good show, but yes it's much more towards the concours cars. Haven't been the last few years as the first weekend in May is usually the nearest to my wedding anniversary (poor planning on my point).

My car may also be in many many pieces by then so if I do go it'll be in something else (read boring)

I'm booked in with the concours at Stanford this year Sean.

Good show, the Ccgb stand usually gets a good showing, around 10 cars last year.

Enjoyed Elsecar a few years ago, as you say it's a bit more for the modded scene, would like to go again but it's a long old drive.

Mic, Daren, thanks Gents.

Daren, I thought there may be one or two who would be entering so not on the stand, I think I'll ive this a go then. Will give a a good variety of shows I'm hoping to attend this year then. Are you travelling up that morning or staying overnight the night before to give yourself plenty of time to prep the car?

Not 100% sure yet, I think it's more likely that I will drive up early that morning, however I might look into accommodation the night before, not sure what is around .

I'll prob come to this but not sure yet on bringing corrado down yet as still some work to be done on it

Entry fee is still a reasonable £9.00 (as of 2015)

Window hangers for club stand access have arrived as of today, so get your name on the list over on the events calendar on the CCGB website, and I'll send one out to you.

Still 5 places available on the stand (as of 1/3/2016).

Tempest

Ill be there on the VWFestvail stand. dunno if the corrado will be there tho. can always hope!

Evening all,

Apologies but I've had to pull out of this one. I'm joining a new ship mid April, and unfortunately we'll be at Sea this weekend.

Must say I'm gutted, as I've never been to this show and was really looking forward to it, but no getting out of it I'm afraid.

Hope you all have a great day, and hopefully see some of you at other shows this year.

I'm on the CCGB stand and will be bringing a few items of club merchandise along for those interested. Darren did you manage to find hotel to stay I'm in Holiday Inn Express just off J15 M1, and I'm looking forward to seeing your efforts have you made space for the trophy at home !!

Also have heard J19 M1 has changed loads avoid it if you can. I'll be coming off at J18 crick from South. Those from North use J20.

I'm on the CCGB stand and will be bringing a few items of club merchandise along for those interested. Darren did you manage to find hotel to stay I'm in Holiday Inn Express just off J15 M1, and I'm looking forward to seeing your efforts have you made space for the trophy at home !!

Also have heard J19 M1 has changed loads avoid it if you can. I'll be coming off at J18 crick from South. Those from North use J20.

Hi Ron

I'm still undecided on travelling up early Sunday or going Saturday eve, will let you know soon :)

Anyone know if there's still space on the stand for this?

I've made a last minute choice to come along. Car is filthy but be good to be with everyone else.

Anyone know if there's still space on the stand for this?

I've made a last minute choice to come along. Car is filthy but be good to be with everyone else.

I think there is Mic so go to the usual gate (NOT MAIN GATE) and they might let you in without a pass if you ask nicely ;) See you there.