RFvr6

I'm need a brake master cylinder for vr6

Anyone got a master cylinder for a 95 vr6, (WITH ABS) can't find one anywhere online.

thanks in advance

Ross

Dave could you pm me, I will take that for now! then look into getting one refurbished -thanks for the info

thanks for the interest, but that is for the non-abs models, the part number for the one I need ends in "D" instead of "B" and also doesn't have the 4 smaller holes, I'm assuming they are for brake lines

Some info that could be useful to some people on here,

The time has come that I need to get the brake master cylinder replaced as the seals seem to have worn and I'm loosing pressure in the brake pedal. As most people know there is 2 versions of master cylinder, and the model I have fitted (with abs, with a 23.8mm bore)

I use my car '95 vr6 WITH ABS as a daily so I can't be without it for too long, Past Parts quoted me around £150 all in to fully refurbish my mc, but the job will take a couple weeks.

Instead I was able to order the seal kit from them, for a reasonable price of £34 fully posted, it did take about 5 days to arrive but it's saved me loads of time and money.

956405984ddaff9ea440c179a3ba6982.jpg

getting a good mechanic to fit the seals for me today, I don't trust myself, if I cut one then I'm back to the start again. then get it fitted to the car and bleed the system, hopefully it goes smoothly and I can get it back up and running for the weekend, I miss it already:(

Did changing these seals cure the problem for you? Think I Need to go down this route

To be honest I think the fault was with the inside of the cylinder wall, it had corrosion so I think that's why it wasn't sealing properly. The seals didn't look too bad, but they were replaced anyway along with buffing down the cylinder

Yeah, I've gone for the full refurb with replacement stainless bore as I'd rather be without the car for a few weeks, but reduce the chances of it happening again in the future.

I guess the ongoing problem with any car that's 20 years plus old is going to be stuff corroding and getting brittle through age. My Mk2's the same, but the popularity of them means that it's far easier to source replacement parts.