delfinis38

Which battery

I've only ever had 3 batteries in the corrado.. Last 2 lasted about 7 years each.

My latest Bosch s4 has lasted 3.5 years.. I know they are guaranteed for 4 years. But I don't use the battery as it should be used ... Ie... Car never moves battery gets charged every month on the 1st of the month. So I won't be claiming my guarantee.

So which battery should I buy this time... Any one tried a Duracell.

You may be better off with the Halfords 3/4 year guarantee batteries... Not sure if they're all the same, but the local store here doesn't even check them before swapping them over!

Alternatively, a solar charger may be the way to go to ensure it's kept charged up etc.

I don't think Halfords supply Bosch ones anymore. I got a Yuasa one last time I had to change one there. 5 year guarantee so should last a while at least. I'd always use that guarantee and get a new one if it failed before time. Well over £100 each time is better in my pocket than these major companies who do well out of those that bin the receipt or do as you're doing and not bother.

Its your choice and I'm not judging don't get me wrong! I'd just use the guarantee if I could.

I've only ever had 3 batteries in the corrado.. Last 2 lasted about 7 years each.

My latest Bosch s4 has lasted 3.5 years.. I know they are guaranteed for 4 years. But I don't use the battery as it should be used ... Ie... Car never moves battery gets charged every month on the 1st of the month. So I won't be claiming my guarantee.

So which battery should I buy this time... Any one tried a Duracell.

Eurocarparts had a cracking deal on Bosch's just before Xmas, got an S4 for bout 55 quid from memory, tey had cheaper Bosch's but got the biggest one for car (think it was S4), they also did Duracells and most others, check them out.

Google Europarts offer code and there's some site that always has latest offers and code, and do the clikc and collect as it's cheaper, I got a discount on a discount, effectively.

My battery is starting to feel the strain as the car hasn't been driven too much this winter, i have a Varta fitted, been in the car for 4 years plus. Been quoted £45 for the same one, not too bad tbh.

45 quid seems very cheap.. Eurocarparts supplied a Bosch S4 60Ah for me just a few weeks back at £58 - saved my bacon and nearly £20 cheaper than anywhere else.

Only one way to prevent car batteries dying on a car you don't use much and it's to keep it on a trickle charger when you're not using it.

TBH all lead acid batteries are pretty much the same within the mass market, so buy the one you get the best price on, but I wouldn't fit less than a 60Ah on a VR6 myself.

It won't help everyone but when I had a car off road over the winter I swapped the battery with the one for the daily once a month. Only takes ten minutes and seems to keep the batteries active and last a lot longer than just sitting in the car with the occasional charge.

Basically a lead acid battery degrades during any time that it's not fully charged. Keep it fully charged for all time and it will literally never fail.

Unfortunately the cold start pulls one or two Ah of capacity out of the battery each time and it takes five to ten minutes of solid charging to replenish it.