Dazz_G60_Wales

Headlight reflector restoration

Great I'm getting these fitted today and I find out they could be wrong 😠

Sent from my HTC One M8s using Tapatalk

I'll update today or tomorrow mine are fitted just getting the alignment checked at a mot garage!

Good news my mechanic pal tells me the reflectors are good and road legal so I'm guessing it's the lenses are different😊

Good news my mechanic pal tells me the reflectors are good and road legal so I'm guessing it's the lenses are different

that is good news!! how have you found the difference since fitting the new ones?

that is good news!! how have you found the difference since fitting the new ones?

Only just got the car not driven at night but they definitely look brighter and cleaner than the old ones!5f16c1080c10d598cfca1fcfe94c45e3.jpg

I assume these are fine for early model corrado's? Can't see there being a difference in the reflectors for early or late but wanted to ask just in case

Updated..

Ok drove the car early morning with the lights on for the first time and not good. The light spread is to the right and totally wrong!! I've been to my local garage to get them checked and they confirmed my suspicion that they are left hand drive reflectors.. So Sprinter53 I would like a refund please . There still fitted to the car and I'm organising my originals to be refurbished in next couple of weeks.. I did Pm you last week regarding this so if you could get back to me I would appreciate it

Cheers Jason..

4! months ago i ask you if there are problems.

You are denying and answer:

"Good news my mechanic pal tells me the reflectors are good and road legal so I'm guessing it's the lenses are different"

Sorry but there will be no refund.

4! months ago i ask you if there are problems.

You are denying and answer:

"Good news my mechanic pal tells me the reflectors are good and road legal so I'm guessing it's the lenses are different"

Sorry but there will be no refund.

Ok it's a weekend car my mechanic pal couldn't see a problem at the time and only now after driving for the first time at night ive noticed there not right. I would have complained sooner if I new about this also you've sold them to other UK forum members. Not very happy as deal in raddo parts all the time thought you would know better!!!!

Guess I'm going try sell on through corrado chat on fb ffs!!!

If these are for lefty cars why are they being sold to the uk when we drive on the other side of the road. Refund ???

Edited by delfinis38

there is a difference betwen RHD and LHD reflectors , as I wrote before in this thread

not only the lens is different.

I know as I had the same problem as subcool. If You compare your original reflectors to those which You have instaled now

You will understand it quickly(Look how H4 bulb is instaled at the back of the reflector , which position)

there is a difference betwen RHD and LHD reflectors , as I wrote before in this thread

not only the lens is different.

I know as I had the same problem as subcool. If You compare your original reflectors to those which You have instaled now

You will understand it quickly(Look how H4 bulb is instaled at the back of the reflector , which position)

I should of listened to you Tomi! On a positive note I've just sent my originals to dual metalling ltd in Birmingham for refurbishment should be sorted by next week..

If these are for lefty cars why are they being sold to the uk when we drive on the other side of the road. Refund ???

very good point delfinis & worthy of a response from the OP methinks!

I should of listened to you Tomi! On a positive note I've just sent my originals to dual metalling ltd in Birmingham for refurbishment should be sorted by next week..

Keep us updated on this process, I'm sure many of us would be interested to know more details on getting them done. :thumbleft:

I brought some refleckers from sprinter53, and haven't used them yet. So I take it that they are no good for use over here. I'll have to see if sprinter53 will take them back.

Finally! We've been talking about these guys on here for years, but not sure anyone ever actually took the plunge to try them until now. Would love to know what price they quoted you, and to find out how you get on!

Cheers.

Finally! We've been talking about these guys on here for years, but not sure anyone ever actually took the plunge to try them until now. Would love to know what price they quoted you, and to find out how you get on!

Cheers.

I'll update soon spoke to a really helpful lady price starts round £115 but depends on how much prep work is required as they need sanding back first. Probably including p,p taxes etc around £180 mark.

I brought some refleckers from sprinter53, and haven't used them yet. So I take it that they are no good for use over here. I'll have to see if sprinter53 will take them back.

Best try pm'ing him! Good luck😠

Strange one this, I've built/sold quite a few pairs to forum members in the past, never had anyone come back complaining.. My headlamps are all lhd, I'm in Italy so obviously.. But were fitted with Uk lenses.

I don't see what difference there would be by placing the bulb differently or at a different angle?

The glasses are def. Different, ok but I'm not convinced that the reflectors would differ.

Of course, I could be wrong but I've opened umpteen headlamps over the past 15 years and never noticed a different bulb angle..still, we'll see..

Strange one this, I've built/sold quite a few pairs to forum members in the past, never had anyone come back complaining.. My headlamps are all lhd, I'm in Italy so obviously.. But were fitted with Uk lenses.

I don't see what difference there would be by placing the bulb differently or at a different angle?

The glasses are def. Different, ok but I'm not convinced that the reflectors would differ.

Of course, I could be wrong but I've opened umpteen headlamps over the past 15 years and never noticed a different bulb angle..still, we'll see..

That's exactly what my mechanic pal said he couldn't see any difference and I've checked the part numbers with the pair you sent me which match my originals.

Guessing the left hookers have different part numbers?

Did I send you them sub? Christ, I've soooo many bits floating around all

Over the world i completely loose track and get confused..!

Did I send you them sub? Christ, I've soooo many bits floating around all

Over the world i completely loose track and get confused..!

Yes the original plan was to refurb yours so my car wasn't of the rd then easy swap! Then sprinter came with these and had slight change of plan😠

if I find some time I get You some pics of the difference in reflectors.

Obviusly you can notice the difrence driving the car at the day light, but You will easly

notice it at night