Sign in to follow this  
Timo.

I have a VR4!!!

Well after stopping to walk my dogs whilst on the journey to see a corrado g60, after restarting the car, it was instantly misfiring. I thought it was only one and that it was just a bit of damp as it had just been raining rather heavily. However, it did not clear up and after a little investigation work I found it to be misfiring on 2 cylinders. Its the two middle ones, which I think are 3 and 4.

I'm guessing its the coilpack?!! Can someone confirm this

:mad: :cry: :cry: :cry: :mad:

Timo.

Sounds about right.

Follow the HT leads back to the coilpack - if 3 and 4 are connected at the same point, vertically, then one of the three coil units has definitely gone.

I think they are, but can't recall..

they are indeed one above each other! Bugger!!! More ££££££

cheers

Timo.

How much is a coil pack from VW?? Been on gsf, they are £115 +vat. I get quite good discount at my local VW garage so I think i'll see how much it is from them. Will be the genuine article too :mrgreen:

Timo.

I think the VW price is £198 + VAT. Your discount will have to be pretty fecking good to get anywhere near GSF's price!!!

There's an ongoing discussion about BERU vs Temic parts, however. There are people who claim that there's no end of problems with the cheap ones from GSF, and there's people in the US who have pulled both parts to pieces and found them to contain identical sub-assemblies, made by the same suppliers, so YMMV. Given that you can almost buy two from GSF for the same price as one from VW I think the answer is pretty clear, however!!

Blimey, I think I will get it from gsf. £198+vat is rather steep!!! Still I shall ring them on monday to check.

cheers

Timo.

Don't forget SteveMac works for GSF now and might be able to sort you out with a good price.

Both the TEMIC and BERU packs use Telefunken internals. It's just that people have found the TEMICs to be better made, but either will come with a warranty in case you have problems.

K

kevhaywire, Think he'll mind me sending him a PM and asking? Dont want to be too cheeky in trying to get some discount.

Timo.

You can but ask mate. I'll probably get told off for mentioning that but I don't think he'll mind (I hope!) but some things have a bigger margain for discount than others. The BERU CPs are pretty cheap as it is, but only he can give you a price if he can help you out.

Na I dont think I will. Its not fair really. Next thing he'll have is the entire forum harassing him for discount of parts. :mad:

Cheers Kev, like you said they are a hell of a lot cheaper than VAG so I saving alot there anyway!

Simon

ClubGTi get 10% at GSF....

...not in the Trafford Park branch they don't... :( :evil: