Sign in to follow this  
coullstar

those with 16v's?

Does your car just feel slow? I have had the car for about 2 months now and I am really dissapointed to how slow the car is. Its running alright as far as I can tell. Its no quicker than my old 8v Golf. :(

Just getting really frustrated. :mad: Seriously thinking about getting another Golf.

that doesnt sound right. My 8v was quicker in the lower revs but nothing compared to the 16v once the revs are up and thus slower. Mine feels heavy against my mates 16v golf and that is much quicker than mine because of the weight.

Is it always slow or just having an 'off' day? Unfortunately it's a heavy car compared to the Golf and the 1800 isn't the livliest of engines off the cam either :(

I'd rather have a 16V Corrado than a MK2 Golf any day 8)

It always been like this. I think it may be the lack of torque thats annoying. Off cam its just pathetic. Above 4krpm its pulls but still nothing to shout about. I love the car but I need a bit more in the engine department. Maybe have to look for a 2l bottom end me thinks, throttle bodies ......

Mine was ok with the standard wheels, and above 4000rpm I'd even describe it as "lively." In particular I like the longer gearing than the 8v GTi making overtaking way easier. However since fitting the 17s I've found the performance to be dismal - the car won't accelerate in fourth and fifth gears unless the revs are way up there. Still love it though.

my 16v has never let me down i the speed department mind you i have done some little mods... 50mm inlet superchiped induction kit cold air feed and now 2x E-superchargers :p :oops: i know i am going to flamed for those last mods... LOL :mrgreen:

Gotta say i don't find mine slow either. Why don't you draw up a little list and see what 0-60 time youre getting and how fast its going before red lining etc We could compare stats !

Would be fairly tricky thing to do i guess - but if you do it, ill do mine too.

I find mine pretty quick ,even compared to my vr6 golf its almost up there with it,

mind you it is the 2.0 16v nad has run in nicely at 170,000 miles :-P

I'd rather have a 16V Corrado than a MK2 Golf any day 8)

Even if it's a turbo'd beast??

Except that maybe, but it didn't handle *anywhere* near as well as the Corrado does :)

That engine in a Corrado would make for one heck of a car!

My valver will pull an idicated 135mph! So would not call it slow! Beat an FTO the other day :)

As everyone else has said, a C is much heavier than a Golf and so will feel slower, but it handles sooooooo much better and is so better specced thay it's not worth the comparrison!

Don't get another Golf, you will only regret it ;)

Steve

What FTO was that you beat? Prolly not the 200 brake MIVEC V6 jobbie, even my Shrek'd VR struggles with those at motorway speeds.

And yeah, a Corrado is a Corrado, weight penalty and all, it just isn't a Golf and never will be, thankfully. It's the most stunning car VW have ever penned and there will never be anything quite like it again.

Dont worry guys Ive had 3 Raddos already. Absolutely love them but I am just a power freak. Love NA cars as wells so it looks like it may get a little interesting. No 1.8t's for me. 3.1 V6 all the way!!!!!!!

The gixxerr will just have to fill the gap!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What FTO was that you beat? Prolly not the 200 brake MIVEC V6 jobbie, even my Shrek'd VR struggles with those at motorway speeds..

Dunno, FTO with a private plate that read "FTO" sad that, Guys face was a picture :) Didn't know they were that powerful..............

My C feels like it's towing a house STILL. I have no power untill its on cam and even then it's crap... top speed the other night for me was 80 :shock: It's going straight back to the garage (AGAIN) on monday if the body work wasn't in such good condition I'd have kicked it several times by now :mad:

Ach keep it Singing :-)

The wife doesnt go over 3,000 with our one,same with her old Golf GTi mk1

until vr6 storm told us it needs a good blow out every so often

its quick just not as zippy as the 1.8 mk1 golf,mind you its more of a car :-P

Must be something awry I reckon, I find the 16v plenty fast enough, you just have to get used to feeling your'e caning her a bit to keep the revs up, and it should just fly along.... 8) :D Boot it and it should bring a smile to the face, if not, then it needs checking over.