Sign in to follow this  
aposegil

its a vedub family new edition welcome the G40

hello all

well this morning me and my bro got up at 5am to go and pick up the new edition to the VW family :D

and its a nice G40 which he has always wanted in grey :D

oh well looks like weekends got even busier :( but worth it ;) and it was great driving it ;) ;)

ill try and get a pic uploaded but havent resized it yet :(

best thing to do with the g40 is remove any identifying badges as they look more or less like a normal polo. 8)

the look on peoples faces when they think they have been wasted by a standard polo is hilarious. something like this really........... :shock:

hee hee, thats what ive done, removed all my G40's badges... though the rollcage and being low as fook kinda gives away any idea of being it being standard. But the looks on their faces is quite amusing as the 200+bhp shopping car screams past them on full throttle then gives a massive dump of boost as it changes gear :shock: :lol: 8)

On a whole are the G40 chargers a bit more reliable than the G60?

Smaller engine + smaller charger = less load and less wear!

Speak to Beavis, he extracted a monster amount of torque from a G40 a while ago.

hello guys

yeah the car is amazing :) i had a HUGE smile driving it back and the pick up of it is outstanding

the most important thing on the list is to give the engine a massive service and clean up, the engine bay along with getting the charger rebuilt

then my bro is looking to de-badge de lock it

then some nice 14" wheels to be able to fit some nice 256mm brakes

then all the performance mods ;)

heres a pic of it

http://www.ajudge.plus.com/AlexG40/g40.jpg

Love those little G40's.. though was a bit amazed to see, whilst skimming through the Parkers site the other day, that the insurance group is 15!!! :shock: :shock:

Love those little G40's.. though was a bit amazed to see, whilst skimming through the Parkers site the other day, that the insurance group is 15!!! :shock: :shock:

jim have you been out in one ? you will relise why the g15 if u have as the flipping quick "leave most other cars of the line" and the brakes are rubbish.. :lol: much fun though.

ahh but the nice wee G40 also attracts a nice an low road tax to help compensate a bit :D :D :D :wink: :wink: :wink:

jim have you been out in one ? you will relise why the g15 if u have as the flipping quick "leave most other cars of the line" and the brakes are rubbish.. :lol: much fun though.

No Darren.. always wanted to go in one. Having just seen the Parkers site, they are 133BHP as standard! Must go pretty darn quick even before the Pitstop guys get let loose on them :)

and flipping economical :shock:

it drank less petrol than his polo gt coming back yesterday and i did give it some :roll: lol

ive got to say it felt as quick as my mates 16v corrado :shock: im so glad ive gone 16vg60 if not wouldnt hear the end of it lol

Looks nice mate... grey is the best colour for a dub if you ask me :wink:

lol u would say that lol ;)

No Darren.. always wanted to go in one. Having just seen the Parkers site, they are 133BHP as standard! Must go pretty darn quick even before the Pitstop guys get let loose on them :)

na jim.........they have 113bhp as standard........1bhp more than its bigger brother Mk2 GTi when they were launched :wink:

In Stealth mode, a definate wolf in sheeps clothing :lol: .

Do these cars have a servo ?

I drove one polo and thought me foot was gonna go thru the floor to stop the car! :o

I'd have one just for comedy effect but definatly cloaked :-P

Yeah they are 113bhp standard and 111lb/ft of torque.

Yes, they have a servo, albeit a smaller one than the LHD versions as on the conversion by VAG to RHD, the brake servo didn't fit so they got around it by fitting a smaller one. Disc size is 239mm*20mm vented and drums at back and a 19mm master cylinder.

MK2 Polo (inc GTG40) do not have servo's and are foot through the floor style braking.

They use a twin vee belt drive system for the charger instead of the corrado's surpentine belt.

The charger is very robust, you can take loads out of a G40 charger when porting it as opposed to the G60.

G40's dont handle or brake aswell as the C in standard specification, and power understeer quite abit unless you sort the handling out. The 256mm brakes are what VW should have fitted in the first place!

The annoying thing about the G40 is that every one calls it a bl :shock: dy Golf - And I nearly b*tch slap every person who calls it one!

Oh and tell your bro to never hit the rev limiter in it!!! All G owners all should know never to do this!

Looks nice in the Pic, Very good condition. Is that a Polo GT in the background btw (got plastics arches but no roof aerial (I should get out more)? In fact, this wasn't the Grey G40 that was on Ebay last week was it?? Cos I was bidding on that too :lol:

Oh and tell your bro to never hit the rev limiter in it!!! All G owners all should know never to do this!

Looks nice in the Pic, Very good condition. Is that a Polo GT in the background btw (got plastics arches but no roof aerial (I should get out more)? In fact, this wasn't the Grey G40 that was on Ebay last week was it?? Cos I was bidding on that too :lol:

Yeah we have read about the limiter, what is the limiter actual at??? and why is it not recomended to hit it???

also yeah its a in good condition but my bro has always wanted a Grey G40 as a kid so its like his dream come true even thou the car is not mint it is perfect for him

and yes it was the one on ebay last week :D

and yep as he has always wanted a G40 but couldnt afford it first of all he got a GT which has done him well for 2 years but sadly that has to go now and even im going to miss :cry: it as its a really really fun car and great drive :D :wink: