Sign in to follow this  
Banana Man

The new corrado?????

has anyone been sent this through email recently I got it today lloks like a passat coupe to me what do you think!!! Not as good as jims corrado R32!!! :D

Damn right, more like a sucksessor, way to Passat looking. Much prefer the new two seater VW are planning to rival MR2 and MGF etc.

Looks like a Ford Cougar with a Passat front end. VW have plans for a new roadster with an Elise style aluminium chassis, so I wonder if the new Corrado will be based on that? VW have been criticised for producing dull cars of late, hence the drive to get a car into every sector. There will be some good stuff coming out of Wolfsburg over the next 3 - 5 years.

Kev

94 VR6

i see the corrado as VW's best design work... i can't decide whether i hope the new design will be better or worse......

on one hand it'd have to be something REALLY nice out of wolfsburg for me to think its nicer than the corrado...so that'd be really good to see.

but on the other hand, i won't be able to afford it (the 1990 corrado is the newest of my 4 cars :lol: ) and it will outshine my ride and make me envious of 'the new VW' when i see them on the road. :x

..whereas now, i see any other nice new vdub and i think... sure its a 2003 and its all shiny and crispy clean, mine's still better :p

Not as good as jims corrado R32!!! :D

What can I say mate.. you have excellent taste :)

I dont know though to be honest.. I have always liked the Bora / Passat body shape. If they made it look suitably agressive and converted it to a two door body (plus fitted an appropriately brutish engine) i'd more than likely love to be able to look one over. As to whether it would deserve to wear the Corrado name..... that'd be for an entirely different debate!

Looks like a very BIG replacement. VERY Passat

Just think of seeing the first one in your rear view "Is that the new corrado, no I think its a Passat".

If you read it too - "...more of a grand tourer than a sports coupe...", and "... space for four to sit in comfort..." :lol:

Also consider this, its a different concept to the original Corrado. If it wears the original name, what will that do for the resale value of ours????

Not for me I'm afraid.

they won't make that passat-corrado... its just some photochop happy guy with not much taste, or idea what the corrado is all about.

"... space for four to sit in comfort..." hmm.. i'd venture to say that our cars have space for four to sit in comfort... i wouldn't say its luxury comfort (like the long A8 :lol: ), but it has the most comfortable 2-door sports coupe rear seats i've ever been in... my friends never have a problem sitting in the back of my car. if we roll in any of their jap crap its a brawl for the front seat so you don't smash your head all day in the back! haha... little japanese fellows shoulda used some normal sized people to base their designs on! lol

I have to agree with everyone here that is no Corrado and i dont think VW will have the guts to call it a Corrado either. I did see some pics of some concept designs that came out of Karmann and as these were the guys who built the original C i think they will have a better idea to what the new car will look like. has anyone seen that coupe that Audi are bringing out, cant remember the name but really agressive looking. That is what they should call a corrado.

you mean the nuovolary quattro, with 500 or so BHP,the front lights on that car are so mean :twisted: :twisted:

you mean the nuovolary quattro, with 500 or so BHP,the front lights on that car are so mean :twisted: :twisted:

Pictures??

v nice. dunno about the direction audi is taking with their front ends.. i can't really say why, just doesn't quite do it for me.

i wouldn't mind those mirrors on a c :shock:

but i'd have to see em on there to be sure.......jim? :lol:

Don't think the front looks mean enough to me.

All I think of is 'lupo'! If you ignore the front it kinda looks peugot-ish IMO.

What happened to the Supercar VW penned? Can't remember it's name but it was a huge red thing with a W12 engine in it and it was stunning.

Kev

funnily enough kev it was going to be called the W12 :D Now that is a proper 2 seater sports car looks awesome a bit like a diablo from the front here's some pics for you lot to drool over. 0-62 estimated at 3.5secs and 600hp @ 7k rpm mmmmmmm just nice.

There's more info on it here W12

oh! :shock: ..i messed my pants

such a sweeeet car. they showed that thing in japan in '97 if i remember correctly... why isn't it in production yet dammit!? :lol:

The pic BANANAMAN posted is actually of a Skoda Tudor.

Do I search in Google and it should throw up a few better shots.