Bfstrachan

Headlining's all the same?

Just removed my headlining and debating wether to replace or try to clean etc. There is a guy got a tidy one, but it's from a later car. I have a 1990 and the one I'm looking at is a 1992. Are they the same? Looks like the trim seal is different around the sunroof? Is it just the housing around the light and switch that are different? Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yup, all grey, but can be re-trimmed. I have had roof linings re-trimmed in black velour and alcantara.

Yup, all grey, but can be re-trimmed. I have had roof linings re-trimmed in black velour and alcantara.

Yep same as have red leather one cream leather one Alcatara one and a very unique one!

Sent from my SM-G357FZ using Tapatalk

Where can I get fabric to recover the sunroof panel? The headlining came up a treat using that "enzyme odour eater" but my sunroof panel needs major attention and will recover that. Anywhere do a close match for fabric?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Did u get the sunroof panel re trimmed? Curious to know where to get fabric from or cost of trimming..

No, managed to pick up an intact one. It was pretty dirty, but that enzyme cleaner stuff did a cracking job of cleaning it up!

Bfstrachan Did you agitate the roof lining whilst cleaning or did you just spray the enzyme stuff on mate? My headlining is out at the mo so ideal time to clean. I'm just worried it might start sagging if i get it too wet

Sorry for the late response - away all weekend. I poured the stuff into one of those spray bottles and gave the whole linings good covering. Then left it to activate for about 15 minutes and used microfibres cloth to dab the excess off. I'm led to believe the enzyme stuff doesn't penetrate through to the headlining adhesive. Left the lining to dry out properly overnight and job done. There was one area around the sunroof I had to re-apply a couple of times due to being heavily stained, but even they came out with minimal agitation :)