Sign in to follow this  
pablo_vr6

Various niggly problems - any help appreciated:

setting into vr6 ownership nicely but have some niggly problems I hope you can help with:

1. heated seats - i twist the dial but nothing happens on either seat.

2. when the rear demister is on the wing mirrors dont heat up (well i think they should)

3. when i turn my sidelights on the switch illuminated but when i go to dip it goes off again - normal?

I know they are minor but would like everything to be perfect :D

any pointers appreciated!

cheers

-pablo

1.Fuses? It takes a while for the seats to heat up, mind you. You say "twist the dial", on mine ('94 VR6) it's a sort of thumbwheel arrangement.

2. Probably the heater elements are burnt-out - they don't like being left on for very long. I'v had many failures on various VWs over the years.

3.Normal. The illumination should come on when you switch off the ignition, though.

Best wishes,

RB

1. mine take a while to heat up... sometimes 5 minutes or so before i can feel anything...

2. i didn't know the wing mirrors were heated! :o

3. the outer ring on the headlight switch goes off when you go from sidelights to dipped, but the inner bit should light up. if i remember correctly.

ok cool - i thought the mirrors were heated for some reason :oops:

yeah its a thumbwheel but i couldnt quite think of the right word so twist did the job!

i left it on for a while and nothing happened so i guess its either the fuse of the element then :( Will have a hunt at some point.

thanks for the replies

The wing mirrors should be heated. Probably just corroded contacts.

The mirror glasses are inevitably heinously expensive from VW - around £40 each, as I recall. I didn't bother, and I now stick my hand out the window and wipe the damn frost off with my hands...

LOL, my mirrrors are thawed and clear by the time I've de-iced the windows........ no sticking of hands anywhere required for me :lol: