jonesyraddo

strange beep

Hi guys just got in my vr6 and noticed a faint beeping noise, everything works fine,sounds like it's coming from behind the dash somewhere???

Good luck with that one mate. .. I had all my dash out and can't think of anything that could beep behind the dash. Do you have any lights left on buzzer/other aftermarket electronics fitted to your baby

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

You tube has a video of the oil sensor beeping. See if it's similar. Every Google search does point to this that people are saying

Is the warning light on or flashing? Fortunately I have never heard the oil pressure buzzer but I expect it would be quite loud.

It is certainly loud enough, and coupled with the flashing light you'd certainly know about it!

I do hope for your engines sake this is not the oil buzzer. Failing it being a faulty sensor or wiring defect, that's potentially game over for the engine. Some immediate diagnostics required here and I would recommend for peace of mind, you get a workshop oil pressure testing gauge fitted to the engine and confirm the actual oil pressure situation. Doing this will confirm wether or not you have a real oil pressure fault. From cold you should see between 5 to 6 bar oil pressure, reducing to 2 to 3 bar when at temperature, both at idle and 2000 rpm. The minimum oil pressure to be seen is 2 bar at 2000 rpm on oil temp of 80 degrees C.

As long as you have this you can breath a sigh of relief and then go looking for the electrical issue that caused your heart to skip a beat.

Well that's good news, from one pout of view anyway

If that is the case then it's possibly the old leaking batteries in the back up siren issue? What alarm is fitted? This should be much easier to resolve and considerably less expensive

No iam Chris from Sheffield, just been looking in my folder I got with the car. It has a hornet alarm and immobiliser also has had a tracker fitted at some point wonder if it's anything to do with that

Well good morning Chris your forum handle got me thinking you might have been so one else.

I'm not immediately familiar with Hornet alarms, but if is has a battery back up siren then that would be worth investigation for your noise.

We are approved Tracker installers and we see many Corrados fitted with first generation systems. The early units do cause problems but not by making noises, as they don't have any audible function. The fault we see so often with 1st generation Tracker units, is that of battery current drain faults, causing the vehicle to discharge the main battery after as little as 48 hours. Again this is caused by old batteries in the Tracker unit leaking and corrupting the units electronics. I hasten to add, later Tracker units do not suffer in this way.

I'm not a fan of retro fit car alarms, generally speaking, as I find all to often, they cause more issues to those who have legitimate right to access, rather than repelling the attentions of those who don't. That said, they are required for insurance purposes and to a degree, some peace of mind. My own Corrado is fitted with a Cobra unit and it is the only system I have ever had reliable trouble free service from.

Thanks for all your advice guys, I've found out what it was.One of the alarm sensors that are fitted near the sun visor, the wire had rubbed on the train causing it to short

Well done in sorting it. An easy fix is always nice