Rocket Ron

24hrs Leman

JMR Le Mans road trip all sorted and booked into a cheeky little Chateau nearby the circuit. This year our convoy theme is International Rescue, Blunderbirds 1 to 5 are primed with methanol ready to GO. Can't wait

Our cheeky Chateau is based in the village of Sille-Le-Phillipe or "Silly Phillip" as it has become. Joking aside, it is a beautiful location set in a rural medieval village. The facilities are excellent and include, inside outside bar, piping hot showers, outdoor heated swimming pool, and a fooking great big plasma screen in the outside bar which is permanently tuned in to the Race the family arrange evening entertainment for each night of our stay, with a band, classic car show, BBQ, etc it's a brill little find.90e90b9c856b0d1730670ae5aa592415.jpg

Edited by 16VG60

Our cheeky Chateau is based in the village of Sille-Le-Phillipe or "Silly Phillip" as it has become. Joking aside, it is a beautiful location set in a rural medieval village. The facilities are excellent and include, inside outside bar, piping hot showers, outdoor heated swimming pool, and a fooking great big plasma screen in the outside bar which is permanently tuned in to the Race the family arrange evening entertainment for each night of our stay, with a band, classic car show, BBQ, etc it's a brill little find.90e90b9c856b0d1730670ae5aa592415.jpg

That sounds sensational

I agree - that site is excellent. http://en.chateau-de-chanteloup.com/

We have two plots booked on the front lawn, near the swimming pool - come and find us!

Look for a red/white R1 / red SLK / red Integrale / red Hilux and dark grey Insignia...

Brill, look forward to seeing you there . We have 3 plots on the lawn, to the side of the Chateau, along the main entrance. Premium largers it is then at the outside bar

Edited by 16VG60

What a weekend arrived Thursday at Houx Annexe Campsite from Cherbourg usual stop for essential supplies at the local supermarket Tent pitched managed to get up before the rain arrived then a few beers.

Friday cooked breakfast and walk around track side then pit walk to see the cars and back to site for trip into town for the drivers parade.

Saturday waked up to the sound of practice just great can't beat the noise breakfast walk to track for our usual spot by Dunlop Bridge ready for start then it rained all prepared with folding chair, brolly and rain coat watching all those who were not prepared for the rain. Live bands, Stayed up until 3am and a few safety cars.

Sunday what can I say what a finish feel so sorry for Toyota when will the luck run their way.

One thing I realy enjoy is the walk around the camp site it's amazing the dedication and the material that is brought full plumbing systems, Gas BBQ's, Full Bars with pumps, Fridges, Sat TV System etc etc etc.

Left on Monday de-camped in rain for 5pm Ferry from Cherbourg.

Well after a great weekend loads of beer, walking, brilliant motors & noise, atmosphere and not much sleep would recommend it to any petrol head already planning next years trip.

Couple of links below.

https://www.facebook.com/ron.white.5268/videos/1217934334894378/

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1217926994895112&set=ms.c.eJxFzNENgDAMA9GNUG2aON5%7E%3BMQSpwu%7E%3BT6UDITHuXA%7E_CFA9GQA0YkJB8Q8EFq4G6IH97Hcg24yNqcguhiPVFTG4I%7E-.bps.a.1217926858228459.1073741828.100000334699405&type=3

Edited by Rocket Ron

Sounds great , I have a big birthday next year and Le Mans is something I have always wanted to see.

Be good to get a group together from here 8)

Harrier just let me know I'm willing to organise just let me know. Deposit usually has to be placed about August time.

Ron

Going next year but never been so looking into best options. Ive got a circa 600 mile drive before I even get to ferry so trying to work our best way.

My brother stays in Poole so might try and get the Ferry from there to Cherbourg.

How quickly do things like camp sites have to be booked?

Ron, did you bump

Into John ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sadly we did not meet up, but then there are rather a lot of Brits attending this event so I won't hold it against him

Ron tends to favour staying on site at the circuit, whilst I prefer to camp in the grounds of a nearby Chateau. We have been using this base for our Le Mans trips for the past three years and I intend to do so again in 2017.

I can't recommend the Le Mans 24hr WEC too highly, it is quite simply a must for any enthusiast. Forget the overrated world of the current F1 circus, WEC is where the real Motorsport is to be found. Once you experienced Le Mans you will be hooked. £55 for 4 days of top class Motorsport, with included pit lane access and no additional hidden expense! Incredible value!!

I had a great time this year with our group. We took the ferry, Dover to Calais, because the boat is more fun than the train and you get a better road trip launching from Calais. 4hrs later arrive at the venue, after some "autoroute entertainment" . Tents up and into the old Part of Le Mans city for a meal. On to the circuit, using our parking tickets for Rouge parking and night qualifying. Friday to the circuit for pit walk and check out the displays. Later enjoy the camp site car show, buffet and live band. Saturday back to the circuit to take in the incidental racing followed by the all important 3pm start. Back to the circuit at 11pm to watch some night racing. Sunday, claim your spot trackside for the building drama, as the race is brought to a finish, commiserations to Toyota. Post race hang out and wait for the road stages of the circuit to re-open to the public and then go enjoy the Mulsanne straight down to Mulsanne corner, on to Arnage and the Porsche Curves before the fun ends. Got to drive this section twice, as it should be , before traffic stopped play . Then finally back to the old city for a fantastic meal. Drive home Monday. 084a0eaf4ab7f1494b6036dc0e8d30fe.jpg5edc8332160a3ef18e72da4b8a0a908b.jpgbcd33c1ab1325cdbc399d9e2f3a60704.jpghttps://vimeo.com/172795550cf51242580eb86ed9b515fe81e035a7e.jpgccf4f081e0665c537096a866707b5080.jpg

Hi

As John said I prefer to stay on the circuit on a camp site. Also once you arrive no need to drive everything is within walking distance. If anyone is interested in my preferred option I will put some costs together.

I leave from Portsmouth as that is the easiest way for me just 5 mins down the road for the ferry have tried from Dover but longer to drive. You can either use the slow ferry from portsmouth to Cannes 5hrs about £199 return then 2 hr drive to leman and Portsmouth to Cherbourg 3hrs fast cat about £300 then 3 hr drive to leman. I use fast cat option and if few of you in car can split cost.

I know dover may be cheaper but by the time you add cost of petrol tolls etc it work out about the same and it is about 5 hr drive from Calais to leman.

Also If you have to travel some distance I can put someone up for the night first come first served,

I will put some more costs together later regarding camping race tickets etc.

Ron

Edited by Rocket Ron

You're a good fella Ron to offer undertaking organising this for the forum. I know only too well what it takes to sort all aspects of a road trip like this. As I organise the JMR Ltd Le Mans road trip annually.If anyone is wondering what the whole Le Mans experience is all about, then grab this opportunity for 2017.

After your first year you will have a great insight into the experience and you will form your own way of enjoying the whole experience. Ron and I illustrate this aspect and we both have come to love this event and attend it annually. Ron's plan, offers a great introduction to this iconic race. I look forward to seeing how the offer is embraced.