Sign in to follow this  
Nick_Micouris

SPEEDLINES

Just wondering... I have a spare set of speedlines with nearly new BF Goodrich tyres and some Dunlop sport on the others.

Cant decide whether to have the wheels reconditioned before I sell em or whether to sell em on Ebay with the scrapes on the wheels intact.

Would I make my money back in paying £150 to have em refurbed?

Opinions?

no, you'd be lucky to get £150 for them on any condition so it's not worht having them done. cut your losses and jsut sell them as they are.

just stick em on ebay with tiny pics and says they have a few marks on them, someone will buy them if you don't go into too much detail :wink:

No. Speedos are only worth £150 tops anyway, in good nick.

I've also got a spare set of Speedos too. Might just get them refurbed for my own benefit as the ones on the car aren't mint.

I need a set of speedlines if anyone is selling..... my own on the car are to be re-furbed shortly and I dont want to put the VR on bricks :shock:

just stick em on ebay with tiny pics and says they have a few marks on them, someone will buy them if you don't go into too much detail :wink:

I wouldn't recommend this.. I went to see a set of wheels having won an auction.. Found out one wheel was covered in scabs, refused to buy them.. He wasn't a happy bunny...

I'm just glad I didn't have to pay postage to find out they were knacked!!

f*ck 'em, if you mention that they are marked it's up to them to dig deeper before they bid, just ignore people and hope some muppet bids on them.

He did indeed. "Oh I didn't notice those" he said. There was a picture of a single wheel on the auction, and he'd stated "the others are in the same condition", so ....

f*ck 'em, if you mention that they are marked it's up to them to dig deeper before they bid, just ignore people and hope some muppet bids on them.

Exactly. If you say they're not mint, fine. If you just don't describe them at all, even better, but you will get even less money...

In general the best procedure is to be honest....

Nick: If you are serious about selling I may take them off your hands.... at the right price of course :lol: :-P

nah, it doens't work. If you're too honest no one bids, if you stick poxy pic up peopl bid like man!

eBay....it's mad.

Is it worth selling these separately?? I was thinking I might like to keep one JUST in case I ever buckled one of mine!? What do people think they would fetch individually?? Was thinking that others may want one to replace a buckled one or as a spare etc... :?:

I thought about this, but you get even less for them. They're only worth £20-25 each, but you should get £150 the set..

Well if you want to sell seperately let me know as technically I only need two good ones..... :lol:

One of mine is buckled - potholes :mad: and the other one has very nasty corrosion on it... so if could get two nearly mint ones then would be spot on.