BenM

Kinetic Underwriting classic - anyone used?

Hi,

I've just had a stunning quote through Adrian Flux using Kinetic Underwriting - it's a classic policy, but allows you to insure the car as the main vehicle, not garaged, good for commuting and free agreed value. I was quoted £214 fully comp for my '96 VR6, agreed value £5500, £100 excess, a few light mods declared (brakes, exhaust). The renewal quote from Chris Knott was nearly twice as much.

I'm very tempted to go with it but can find very little about this company, and also I'm slightly nervous going back to Flux. Just wondered if anyone else on here had used them?

Cheers

Ben

I was 112 through Adrian Flux underwritten by Trinity lane classic. With agreed value and 5k limit.

No issues with Adrian Flux over the last 3 years.

Can the mileage limit be increased to approx 7,500k does anyone know?

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Pretty sure most classic policies have a 5k limit, limit Jon. I went through Adrian Flux too this year. Same as the OP, I have the ability to commute, all the extras and a £7k agreed value for £237. Pretty happy with that tbh.

Can the mileage limit be increased to approx 7,500k does anyone know?

We also use Kinetic at HIC - from memory I think their Classic policy will accept up to 10k miles (obviously costs more the higher you have it), must Classic policies will only allow around 7.4k.

Hope that helps

Worse thing about classic policies is they don't accrue any NCB. A mate of mine used Flux for years and only fell out with them due to their charges to change anything but if you don't intend on changing anything for a year, then should be fine.

Worse thing about classic policies is they don't accrue any NCB. A mate of mine used Flux for years and only fell out with them due to their charges to change anything but if you don't intend on changing anything for a year, then should be fine.

no offence intended here m8 but who told you that? it may depend on insurer or underwriter

i have been with flux for over 20 years.

my VR is on a classic policy with them & i gain NCB each year.

i also insure the valver on a classic policy with HIC - this was a 2nd car policy, limited miles, & i have accrued NCB for each of the years. as such i now have a 2nd policy with 2 years NCB

no offence intended here m8 but who told you that? it may depend on insurer or underwriter

i have been with flux for over 20 years.

my VR is on a classic policy with them & i gain NCB each year.

i also insure the valver on a classic policy with HIC - this was a 2nd car policy, limited miles, & i have accrued NCB for each of the years. as such i now have a 2nd policy with 2 years NCB

One of my mates suggested they wanted about £50 to change something on his policy. May have been to put on some private plates. I insured my old MGB with them and had no issues.

The NCD didn't used to be offered for Classic, maybe things have changed.

Changes depend on the insurer, AF are just the brokers I think. Again depends on insurer as to ncd. Some will accrue by mirroring your daily use vehicle, some will start from zero, some won't do it at all. Like all things insurance, it's an absolute lottery so check the small print.

One of my mates suggested they wanted about £50 to change something on his policy. May have been to put on some private plates. I insured my old MGB with them and had no issues.

The NCD didn't used to be offered for Classic, maybe things have changed.

unfortunately i believe all insurers apply 'admin' costs to any policy changes mid-term

as do lots of other companies & as we all know an 'admin' charge is usually just a way of them making a bit extra

We also use Kinetic at HIC - from memory I think their Classic policy will accept up to 10k miles (obviously costs more the higher you have it), must Classic policies will only allow around 7.4k.

Hope that helps

Good price. The broker provides some added comfort, but as always read the small print...

Flux told me that NCD is definitely still accrued.

Think I better get them to send me the policy booklet. I've never considered or been offered classic insurance before because I thought most of them require the car to be garaged or to be a second car. My VR is still my daily and haven't got a garage. The guy from Flux suggested this broker calls anything more than 20 years old a classic.